Forums

Auto Present Handles Not Working After Update

Auto Present Handles Not Working After Update

Latest update from June 28th, 2018 broke my auto present handles. It used to work flawlessly. Even after a soft and hard reboot, it still doesn't work. Only works via the key fob if I try to unlock. Anyone else have this problem?

EVRider | 2018年6月30日

Which version did you update to? The date doesn’t identify which update you received.

johngiles | 2018年6月30日

There have been a few thefts of Teslas in Europe and it is believed that in each, the thieves used radio relay devices to fool the car into thinking that the fob was near the car, when it was actually at some distance. To combat this issue, Tesla has disabled Passive Entry in recent firmware updates, whereas, it was previous enabled by default. You can enable Passive Entry in Settings but be aware of the risk posed by these radio relay devices.

Bill_75D | 2018年6月30日

I have 2018.24.1 and my Passive Entry was not disabled. Auto-present handles work just fine.

sberman | 2018年6月30日

My status is the same as @Bill_75D. All is well with this latest update (to 2018.24.1, which arrived yesterday).

manwani.anita | 2019年12月14日

Bought a new S in October 2019. Have not been able to get passive entry to work even once. It is enabled, as is walk-away locking. Neither happens. I am compelled to press the fob for both actions.

akikiki | 2019年12月14日

hmmm, sounds like your henway needs re-calibrating.

EVRider | 2019年12月15日

Look at “Using Exterior Door Handles” in your manual (page 9 in the PDF version) and make sure your settings are correct.

BarryQ | 2019年12月15日

OK akikiki - I'll be your straight man:

What's a henway?

akikiki | 2019年12月16日

About 3 pounds soaking wet.

Thanks BarryQ, waiting so long for a bite, I forgot where I posted this.