Forums

How to reset pin?

How to reset pin?

My app turned on Speed Limit Mode via the butt-dial method.
Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the pin without the help of Tesla CS?

kthang | 2018年8月18日

On the app in controls there's a clear pin under speed limit mode.

holgerv | 2018年8月18日

@kthang The ‘clear pin’ is only available after turning off the speed limit mode. I can’t turn it off as I don’t know the code.

njchillie | 2018年8月19日

It explains how to do this in the manual.

holgerv | 2018年8月19日

@njchillie thanks for making me look again. Was looking for the speed limit mode and it doesn’t specifically talk about it. Tried the valet mode solution and it did work. Phew.
I use chill mode all the time, but......for sure was missing some of that acceleration.

Mediumed | 2018年8月20日

From the owners manual

Speed Limit Mode
Speed Limit Mode allows you to limit the acceleration and maximum speed – between 50 and 90
mph (80 and 145 km/h) – of your Model 3. This feature is protected by a 4-digit PIN that you
create when enabling it for the first time, and which must be re-entered in order to disable and reenable
it.
If your Model 3 comes within approximately 3 mph (5 km/h) of the selected maximum speed, a
chime sounds and text appears on the touchscreen above the driving speed. Additionally, your
mobile app will send you a notification.
To enable Speed Limit Mode:
1. Ensure the vehicle is in Park.
2. Touch Controls > Safety & Security > Speed Limit Mode on the touchscreen or CONTROLS in
your mobile app.
3. Select the maximum driving speed that you would like to limit the vehicle to.
4. Touch Enable.
5. Enter your 4-digit PIN that will be required to disable Speed Limit Mode.
Note: If you forget the PIN, you can enter your Tesla Account login credentials to disable Speed
Limit Mode.

kworks1014 | 2018年9月13日

Where do you enter the Tesla Account login credentials?
inside vehicle or on website?

chongzhe.li | 2018年9月23日

It’s kind of counter-intuitive, the place where you put in your Tesla account credential is under Safety and Security instead of Driving.

chongzhe.li | 2018年9月23日

It’s kind of counter-intuitive, the place where you put in your Tesla account credential is under Safety and Security instead of Driving.

omarquwaider | 2019年9月23日

Someone above mentioned that they got the following statement from the owners manual: "Note: If you forget the PIN, you can enter your Tesla Account login credentials to disable Speed Limit Mode." However, I am not getting the option to enter my Tesla Account login credentials. Is there another way to remove the speed limit mode without knowing the pin?

Joseb | 2019年9月23日

I'm also curious what does this mean: "Note: If you forget the PIN, you can enter your Tesla Account login credentials to disable Speed Limit Mode."

Have you tried with your phone app?

EVRider | 2019年9月23日

You can disable Speed Limit mode from the app, without having to enter credentials.

@Joseb: That statement just means if you forget the PIN you selected for Speed Limit mode, you're supposed to be able to enter your Tesla credentials instead of the PIN. I assume there's a "forgot PIN" link or something like that on the dialog where you enter the PIN. Of course it's a lot easier to just use the app.

erhrph | 2019年12月11日

Does a Valet need the Pin number in order to drive the car with the Valet card?