Forums

car wash

car wash

What is your recommendation to wash Tesla ? Was it in home or take to an automated car wash station?

Doublelift | 2018年8月26日

I wash mine by hand once or twice a week (ONR) and I'm proud of how it looks. I'm lucky enough to have a driveway, mild weather, and the luxury of time to care for the car. I wouldn't consider a car wash.

I have read many here who use a car wash ("it's a car!") and are proud of how their car looks. Some look for touches, others just wash it. Works for them, and their cars are clean and beautiful.

You'll have to read the responses coming here, and go with your gut, what makes you happy. I think it's as much of an "how do you feel about it" decision as a logical one.

Doublelift | 2018年8月26日

touchless

kerryglittle | 2018年8月26日

Hand wash only for me. If I was desperate a touchless car wash, but I find those power wash systems they use might push water into places you don't want it to be.

TranzNDance | 2018年8月26日

I have given up on auto carwash. It didn't clean well. Maybe it never did but I didn't notice with silver cars. With my red Tesla, it was obvious that the lower half of the car was still dirty.

Even when I went for a rinse to make a hand wash easier, the system was out of order.

breadmen | 2018年8月26日

Unfortunately, It all depends on the carwash and the equipment! If it is a good car wash and they change out their wash pads correctly you should have no problem.
If you go to a "cheap" cash type business (you all know what I am talking about) these business operators skimp out on changing out pads and other wear maintenance car wash items allowing sand and grit to accumulate on worn wash pads for maximize the CASH profits (which they probably under-report to the IRS as well).
Use at you own risk...find a car wash with credit cards and a good rating:)

Run4Waffles | 2018年8月26日
Sam100DD | 2018年8月26日

I had my entire Model S wrapped in clear bra 1 week after taking delivery. I regularly go to a touchless car wash and wash by hand every couple weeks using a two bucket method. My cars black exterior still looks brand new every time I wash it. She’ll be a year old in about a month.

sentabo | 2018年8月26日

Hand washing is the only way to go for me. I can do a better job than the auto wash, and there is a sense of accomplishment as I survey the car when finished. Hey, I'm retired now, so that sense of accomplishment I used to feel after a good day on the job has to be replaced somehow, right?

reed_lewis | 2018年8月27日

I use an auto wash here in Eastern Mass called Scrub-A-Dub. They are a reputable company that maintains their equipment. My car is 20 months old and still looks brand new. I did not do any covering or the like. Just wash it, and get it waxed.

I simply do not have the time to wash my own car.

Boonedocks | 2018年8月27日

Touchless X4 above

I have PPF and CeramicPro on the entire (both Teslas) We have a Laser Touchless car was 1/2 mile form our house. Run them through 3-4 times a week and drive home, spritz with quick detailer spray, microfiber and walla...Our S & X look like new every time Nothing touches the finish except water and soap and water a detailer spray.

ktslab | 2018年8月27日

If the car is fully wrapped, you can run the car through the touchless wash. Still, the auto detailer recommends hand wash.

If you have the ceramic pro on the car, hand wash only.

Very hard to hand wash the car in New England winter. I don't even hand wash in summer. So I had the car fully wrapped and ran through touchless wash occasionally. The auto detailer near me charges 40 bucks for hand wash, but I have to make the appointment.

I am still not sure if I did the right thing to fully wrap the car, to be honest. (6500 bucks) Might not do so on the upcoming X.

jordanrichard | 2018年8月27日

Its a car, wash it like you have washed your previous cars. The only difference between a Tesla and another car is the power plant.

blacktape242 | 2018年8月27日

I wash by hand and touchless sometimes.

viv02018 | 2018年10月27日
Anthony J. Parisio | 2018年10月27日

I would worry about the pressurized water causing the wrap to peal off the car.

viv02018 | 2019年1月13日
ptclbill1 | 2019年10月5日
josefjoe116 | 2019年10月5日

We have team of mobile mechanics who can fix car maintenance, oil change, mot service or can take the car to our approved garages and get it all sorted.
https://www.smartservicingcentre.co.uk

Mathew98 | 2019年10月5日

Yup,we definitely need tons of oil changes. Send out all your mechanics at once!