Forums

Pearl White tricoat PPSW touchup, where to buy?

Pearl White tricoat PPSW touchup, where to buy?

Has anyone been able to find paint that matches the PPSW paint? Tesla does not sell this paint color.

gmr6415 | 2018年10月30日

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/?tud_type=2&tud_brand=72&tud_mo...

Their PPSW is listed for 2017 MS, but I spoke with them and they guarantee it will match the PPSW M3 paint.

acool | 2019年4月23日

Is PPSW pearl white? I can't find it anywhere and have a few stone chips in my hood... :(

gmr6415 | 2019年4月23日

@acool, Yes. Look on the tag in your door jam.

Now that I've used it, it is a great match. That said, since it's multi-coat it's tricky. I would suggest purchasing the complete kit that come with some very fine sandpaper and polishing compound. It's worth it.

JPPTM | 2019年4月23日

Dr. Color Chip

JustSaying | 2019年4月23日

Dr. Color chip on Amazon PPSW with $10 coupon,

gmr6415 | 2019年4月23日

@JPPTM, For that color Dr. Color Chip clearly states theirs is not a multi-coat and may not match. We tried their single coat for my wife's multi-coat pearl white Prius and Dr. Color chip wasn't even close.

Once you select PPSW you get the following:

"This is a tri-coat pearl / 3-stage color, meaning it was painted with a base coat, pearl coat and tinted clear coat. There is not a single color formula that exactly matches. However, the paint you receive should allow for a very close color match and yield far better results than using regular touch-up paint. Please check the box to acknowledge this."