Forums

Best way for two drivers on one car?

Best way for two drivers on one car?

In short, I would like to have my Tesla work with two different drivers, be able to unlock it with both our smartphones, and ideally have it know which profile to set when we unlock with our phones. My wife and I have the car radically set up differently, and it would be very nice if the profiles we set up could be tied to who unlocks the car, but I'm not even sure how to make multiple profiles without giving her my Tesla login.

hokiegir1 | 2018年11月1日

She will need your login, but you can use 2 (or more) phones as keys, and have profiles set up for each. Generally, if there is a significant difference between profiles, it can be nice to use the Easy Entry profile (which you will need to set up separately, then check the box to use in your own/wife's profile) so it goes to a "neutral" setting between drivers and gives you a chance to select which you want. The car can't select based on the phone key currently -- so manually selecting on the screen is the only way to change.

jim | 2018年11月1日

My wife has a separate login for the app. It's a manual process that involves contacting support, but it all works: https://www.tesla.com/support/tesla-app

waynekwal | 2018年11月1日

Thanks for the help!

dsvick | 2018年11月1日

@jim, what was the process to get your wife her own login and access? Did she have to set up a Tesla account first, then you just send her info to the support email adn reference the VIN? Or do they set up her account for her and tell you what it is?

jim | 2018年11月1日

If I recall, I just sent them a general email asking what they needed and they replied with next steps. My wife's first interaction came in the form of a standard password reset process after the support people created the account.

dsvick | 2018年11月1日

Cool, thanks. I'll have her set one up and then email support.

Nystyle324 | 2020年3月15日

Thanks jim, that was exactly what i was looking for!