Forums

Delivery problems. Is it happening to anyone else?

Delivery problems. Is it happening to anyone else?

Does anyone have problem receiving their Model 3 recently?

I was supposed to take delivery of my blue P3D last Sat (Dec 15th) in the Bay Area. I got the Vin number and multiple SMSs so I was very confident in the delivery. It got cancelled 12 hours prior and I didn't even know about it until I called Tesla to try to confirm the delivery. Since then I have been trying to call/email Tesla just to figure out where my car is and the latest version is that my car is still sitting somewhere in So Cal. I though all Model 3s are made in Fremont but somehow my car is in So Cal waiting to be transported over back to Nor Cal. Regardless the purchase has not been smooth and I am not too happy about it :(

Black Ghost | 2018年12月17日

My delivery was scheduled for this Thursday (Dec 20th) and without notice I checked my Tesla Account today and it has been changed to Dec 27th.

007bond | 2018年12月17日

I took delivery in Aug, was delayed 2 days while they repaired and issue they found during pre delivery inspection.

Best advice work with everyone you can nice and calm and see how it can happen before 31.

wokuku | 2018年12月17日

Thanks. Looks like I am not the only one. Oh well the only thing I can do is wait and hope I get the car soon

Jim | 2018年12月18日

Same issues here. 2 cancelled appointments. One the day-of, after taking the day off work. No one knew what the status was. No one would call us back. It was a mess. They're having issues getting cars delivered by the end of the year. I love my car though!

mmichelle | 2018年12月18日

My delivery was also scheduled for Thursday (Nov. 20). I got the confirmation email last night, but just logged in and now it says "Est. delivery in late December". No email cancellation notice yet. Still no VIN number.

mmichelle | 2018年12月18日

Sorry, meant Dec. 20th!

rodeltu | 2019年3月15日

I got confirmation of delivery for today and found out on the dashboard was scheduled on Sunday, respect for time Tesla, we're not sitting ducks waiting for your unprecious car.

JakeMacaw84 | 2019年3月16日

I got a delivery date for the 20th, this morning I was awoken to an email from my delivery adviser saying it could be a week later. The VIN disappeared also. Guess some big wig needed my car more than me??? :/

Tronguy | 2019年3月16日

@JakeMacaw84: Or they did an inspection, discovered flaws, and were disinclined to hear about them for you. Back into the shop.
Don't know about that, just that it's a possibility given some of the fun 3rd and 4th quarters last year.

shank15217 | 2019年3月16日

Seriously? So what, sit patently and you will get your car, if you want something faster go to a store and ask if they have inventory cars to sell you.

JakeMacaw84 | 2019年3月16日

@tronguy I actually called and they said the car is just delayed in transport, that I still have the same vin. I’m thinking they are probably just putting it on a freight train instead of a truck since it’s so far.

@shank15217 is very angry. You mad bro?

laalves | 2019年4月1日

I'm in Portugal, and having this sort of experience as well. Silence, chaos, disorganisation, those are the standards of the Tesla delivery process. Quite annoyed and have thought cancelling this altogether and go somewhere else for an EV.

gballant4570 | 2019年4月1日

Last fall I was scheduled for delivery is Sept. Then delivery was delayed, and my VIN disappeared. I was a bit disappointed for several weeks.... then suddenly my VIN re-appeared (same number) and delivery was re-scheduled, and I picked it up Oct. 9. I did not get communication in between, and never did find out why there was a delay. I suspect there were shipping logistic problems or perhaps some flaw that required attention prior to delivery.
After getting the car my disappointment evaporated sooooo quickly..... and it has been problem free since. I'm still grinning like a fool.

sahil_udeshi | 2019年4月2日

ORDERED 03/13/2019.My delivery was scheduled 3 times 3rd time was sunday when tesla stores are closed .Monday morning vin disappeared and still waiting for vin.Tesla reps has no answers to why it happened.My delivery was in Oakville Ontario,