Forums

Referral program

Referral program

I bought two models (S and X). Got a referral number for the first one but, for some unknown reason, someone within
Tesla forgot to give me the referral for the second, more expensive car. The result? I can’t get the free model S toy car. Nobody seems to know what to do, nobody returns our calls and when they do, it’s do say that they are going to look into it and we never hear from them anymore. Anyone with the same problem? Anyone knows what to do?

mena.gerstein | 2019年1月14日

I bought two models (S and X). Got a referral number for the first one but, for some unknown reason, someone within
Tesla forgot to give me the referral for the second, more expensive car. The result? I can’t get the free model S toy car. Nobody seems to know what to do, nobody returns our calls and when they do, it’s do say that they are going to look into it and we never hear from them anymore. Anyone with the same problem? Anyone knows what to do?

jimglas | 2019年1月14日

EMail Rewards@tesla.com
There is no number to call them

rm760 | 2019年1月14日

I too am waiting a reward. I have the wall charger listed in my rewards box, but the status remain "scheduled"

jimglas | 2019年1月14日

@RM: FWIW, after waiting 3 months, I mailed the rewards program and told them that any HPWC would do. I got a "non-Elon" black one in about 3 weeks after that.

EVRider | 2019年1月14日

Did you actually use a referral code when you ordered the X? I don't know what you mean by "someone within
Tesla forgot to give me the referral for the second, more expensive car."

You're supposed to order the car using a referral link (either yours or someone else's). It's not something Tesla is supposed to do for you.

mena.gerstein | 2019年1月15日

EVRider, I bought an S in December 2017 and got a referral number with it. I got the second car, an X in September 2018, using the referral code of the S. The problem is that the X should have originated another referral, but didn’t, for whatever reason. And now I can’t even get an answer from anyone about the referral. It’s really frustrating.

reed_lewis | 2019年1月15日

When you purchase a Tesla, you get a referral code. That is your code to use. When you or others buy a Tesla, your code can be used to get something as part of the purchase.

If no one else is involved, here is what I think happened based on what you typed.

1. You bought a S, and got a referral code (which at this point has zero referrals because you cannot buy and refer yourself at the same time) It makes no difference whether you use a referral code for the purchase of the S. You get no referral count increase yourself because you were not an owner at that point.

2. You bought an X with your code from the S. This resulted in ONE referral in your account because of the X purchase. You might get another referral code, but I do not know if that is true.

That is the extent of your buying experience I believe.

So you are eligible for whatever was available at the first referral level when you bought your X because that is the only car that was purchased using your referral code as an owner.

reed_lewis | 2019年1月15日

Definitions:

Referral Code - The name plus numbers that represent you
Referral Count - The number of referrals that have been done using the above code.

EVRider | 2019年1月15日

@mena: You don’t get a new referral link when you order a second car, you keep the same link you had before. You wouldn’t want separate links because you accumulate multiple referrals on the same link. As long as you earned a referral for buying the X using your S referral link, things are working as they should.

EVRider, I’m going to try using the old one. When I get to the Tesla app, there is a referral there, but it does not work for the toy car... I’ll let you know soon, thank you for helping.

Reed_lewis, we have that number but it comes back as invalid...

EVRider | 2019年1月15日

@mena: You're still confused about how the referral program works. You've only earned one referral, when you bought your Model X, so you're only entitled to the "Launch Your Photo into Deep Space Orbit" award. You'll be eligible for the toy car if you or someone else uses your referral link to buy another Tesla.

You didn't earn a referral when you bought your first Tesla, the Model S -- you didn't have your own referral link yet, and if you used someone else's, they earned the award, not you.

Do you understand now?

EVRider, I bought the first Tesla with a referral from my son-in-law. The second, with the referral from the first. BUT, because I bought two in less than a year, I was entitled to another referral, to get the toy car. It’s not that I shouldn’t have it, it was just how the deal was. As well as unlimited charges free for life.

reed_lewis | 2019年1月15日

@mena - You do not understand how the referral program works.

When you buy a Tesla, you can use a referral code. The person who owns the referral code gets the credit.

So for car #1, your son-in-law got a referral added to his count

For car #2 it looks like a referral got added to your count.

So following what you said, your son-in-law and you each have a single referral.

Depending on when you bought the cars, you might be eligible for the 'toy' car. Please refer to this page:

https://www.tesla.com/support/referral-program

Plus free super charging was only available until Sept 18 of 2018. And it does not follow the car, only when you own the car. If you sell the car, the free super charging goes away.

EVRider | 2019年1月16日

@mena: Buying two Teslas in the same year doesn’t change how the referral program works — it’s the same as buying two Teslas in different years. If someone from Tesla told you otherwise, you were misinformed.

mena.gerstein | 2019年1月16日

Reed_lewis, that’s what I’m saying. The referral for the #2 is nowhere to be found... we just don’t know where else to look. Yes, we bought the X on the last day for supercharging. The problem is not if there is a referral. We know there is. We just can’t get it anywhere, there is no number or name. Or else, there is, but turns out “invalid” every time we try... thank you guys so much for trying.

reed_lewis | 2019年1月16日

When you ordered #2, what code did you use? That is where the referral credit should be.

If you go to your Tesla Account at:

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount

For both you and your son-in-law, what does it show for ordered and delivered?

mena.gerstein | 2019年1月16日

Just my 2 cars

kpwang | 2019年1月16日

email them....referralprogram@tesla.com
provide your referral code
give them both RN# for both vehicles and see if they will "fix" it for you, but I am understanding your dilemma as same Reed_Lewis's understanding...... Reed_Lewis is correct, i fail to see why you would have 2 referrals from buying 2 teslas, you would get one and your in-law would get another....unless someone else used your referral code for you to get #2------ 0, 1, 2 your baseline is ZERO, your second car will be your first referral

reed_lewis | January 15, 2019
@mena - You do not understand how the referral program works.

When you buy a Tesla, you can use a referral code. The person who owns the referral code gets the credit.

So for car #1, your son-in-law got a referral added to his count

For car #2 it looks like a referral got added to your count.

So following what you said, your son-in-law and you each have a single referral.

Depending on when you bought the cars, you might be eligible for the 'toy' car. Please refer to this page:

https://www.tesla.com/support/referral-program

Plus free super charging was only available until Sept 18 of 2018. And it does not follow the car, only when you own the car. If you sell the car, the free super charging goes away.

MZS | 2019年1月17日

I redeemed the award for charger and still waiting for it after months, the status is "Scheduled" I then ordered the wheel award and 3 weeks later the status is "Processing" Sent an email to the referral email address and have had no response for 3 weeks. No phone number to call and no way to escalate. What should be a great program is turning out to really stink. I am grateful for the free good, but with no support or customer service, it is really souring my experience with Tesla. Any suggestions? Anyone else having better luck?

lilbean | 2019年1月17日

I knew the douche would make an appearance. Won't miss you when this is gone!

gregsutherland | 2019年1月17日

I have 2 "delivered" referrals under my account but when I attempt to order the Model S for kids I can't seem to apply the referral link. I'm trying to apply the referral link buyers use when they buy to get me credit for a referral so I guess that same link doesn't apply when I attempt to order mine but does anyone know how I go about getting the referral code I should be using when I try to cash in my referral? or know a number I should call?

EVRider | 2019年1月17日

@MZS: I’ve had better luck than you getting responses from the referral team. The wall chargers were out of stock for quite some time, then back in stock during the last month, but out of stock now again. They expect to get more next month. They ship them based on when you earned the award. I earned my first one last August, but haven’t received it. Yesterday I asked the referral team to send me a regular (non-signature) wall connector instead; they said I would have it in 3 weeks..

I was told the arachnid wheels, which I earned in December, would take at least 3 months to ship.

mena.gerstein | 2019年1月19日

Gregsutherland, jimglass, I wrote an email to the referral program rewards@tesla.com and received an answer yesterday asking for the main email address for the Tesla account, which is my husband’s. I answered today. Let’s see how long it takes. I’ll be updating you guys.

mena.gerstein | 2019年1月23日

Hey guys, this is the answer I got! So, I am entitled to a referral for the second car.

Thank You for contacting the Tesla Referral Program! Currently, you self-referral is not showing in the system. I went ahead and added it manually today. Please allow up to 14 days for this to appear in your lootbox. Once your award is visible in your lootbox, you will be able to select your award, and confirm your shipping address.

jimglas | 2019年1月23日

congrats!

EVRider | 2019年1月23日

@mena: Based on what you said earlier, you'll still only have one referral award, because you only bought one car (the X) using your own referral link. When you bought the first Tesla with your son-in-law's referral code, he earned the referral award but you got a referral link for future referrals. When you bought the X, you used your own referral code so you should get one award for that purchase. Under the current referral program, you need two awards to get the toy car.

What Tesla told you about the self-referral doesn't conflict with what I and others have said here -- the misunderstanding seems to be whether you earned two referral awards or just one. I still think it's just one.

mena.gerstein | 2019年1月26日

EVRider, jimglass and all the others, I finally got the referral and car is already on its way.! Thank you for all the help!
Happy happy happy?