Forums

Enhanced Autopilot Trial Software Update In Progress - Fail

Enhanced Autopilot Trial Software Update In Progress - Fail

I have been having this issue for the last 10 days.
Every morning when I start my car, this message "Enhanced Autopilot Trial Software Update In Progress Please leave car In PARK and release the brake pedal. This may take a minute" stays on the screen and it just won’t go away till I made to my destination (12 miles trip). Engine off and on again then the message is gone, everything back to normal.
Please note that when the message appears, the screen is frozen, can’t access to anything. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Model 3, Version 50.6

mcmack15 | 2019年2月18日

My wife had this exact same issue today. It started this morning (she hasn't used the car in a few days though), and got it every time she started the ca today.

xrayuall | 2019年2月18日

I have. I was just now trying to place the same problem but couldn't place it on this forum for some reason.
What do I do about the (DAILY) Message I've been getting for four days so far, regarding an "Enhanced AutoPilot Trial software update?" I Opted OUT of AutoPilot when I bought the car. Is anyone else having this issue? I've attempted to wait it out but ended up re-booting after a few hours so I could use my model 3. Is daily rebooting the right course of action? How do I stop this? I did email TESLA Support today about it.

xrayuall | 2019年2月18日

I have. I was just now trying to place the same problem but couldn't place it on this forum for some reason.
What do I do about the (DAILY) Message I've been getting for four days so far, regarding an "Enhanced AutoPilot Trial software update?" I Opted OUT of AutoPilot when I bought the car. Is anyone else having this issue? I've attempted to wait it out but ended up re-booting after a few hours so I could use my model 3. Is daily rebooting the right course of action? How do I stop this? I did email TESLA Support today about it.

livenlovetoday | 2019年2月18日

I had the same issue Saturday. My car stayed in the garage until I drove it to work Monday morning....and the message was still on the monitor. About one hour after I drove 20 miles to work the message was gone. The front part of the roof was red. The car is driving fine.

bill | 2019年2月18日

We have the same thing happening four three days now.

walnotr | 2019年2月19日

I am not clear. Are you all trying to opt out of the free trial? If so, why not go ahead and let it install and not bother with using it? If it is the other way around where you are trying to install and it won’t, then yes, bug report to Tesla.

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 2019年2月19日

Have you done a hard reboot on the car? Firmly press brake pedal and hold down both thumb wheels until the screen goes dark and Tesla logo appears.

mcmack15 | 2019年2月19日

walnotr-----the screen is basically frozen. And, there are no options offered to accept, reject, cancel, etc. Just the message frozen on the screen.

M3NOICE | 2019年2月19日

I had this when I had my trial last year. I rebooted the car every time in the morning to unfreeze the screen. Eventually the update went thru after about 3 weeks of daily reboot.
If you buy it during trial, you will get EAP with 5.5k. Bought it from the car.

AnnieT3 | 2019年2月19日

mcmack15 - Yes, very same problem. Happened again this morning. Will try to do hard reboot tonight.

RA12 | 2019年2月19日

Same problem, "Enhanced Autopilot Trial Software Update In Progress Please leave car In PARK and release the brake pedal. This may take a minute" stays on the screen, and the screen is frozen, can’t access to anything. Goes away after a while. Please advise.

zanas2zanas | 2019年2月19日

It is happening to me too, for the last three days. But this is the second time this is happening, couple of months ago this was going on and I had to reboot in the morning, and after a few days it went away, now it started again.

chandru | 2019年2月19日

Same thing here since Feb 16th. Hard boot removes it for a day and then the "phantom menace" is back!

ericsusan123 | 2019年2月19日

Same problem here. Two times in 3 days. I have already opted out of the EAP trial and still this "update" froze the screen when I needed the car to go somewhere. Had to reboot to clear it.

mgbjr | 2019年2月20日

Same thing here. Tesla is aware of the issue:

Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support. Currently this is a known software error that is being reviewed by our Advanced Vehicle Support Team as well as Engineering. As soon as a fix becomes available, an over the air update will be sent out to resolve the issue. For the time being, resetting the touchscreen does cause the update to go away temporarily. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and we are working hard to get a fix out as soon as possible.

register | 2019年2月20日

Same exact problem, happening since Saturday Feb 16th. When I get home I will report it to Tesla, hopefully the more people that complain the faster they will fix this.

walnotr | 2019年2月20日

I guess I have another reason to be happy I got the car with EAP! :-)

register | 2019年2月22日

My wife ended up driving with the annoying update screen. Then we she got home she left her phone in the car for a long time and let the car connect to WiFi. This seems to have done the trick as it has not showed up in 2 days now.

AnnieT3 | 2019年2月22日

Emailed customer support. Next morning got the message for “Enhanced Autopilot 30 days trial” but this time with access to proceed or cancel the update. I selected to opt out. System restart.
No more message this morning.
Great job.

firekirin | 2019年2月25日

I had this issue for almost 5 days and I got fed up. I went to a local tesla store and I was told that they were aware of the issue but they couldn't do anything about it other than I having to soft reset it every morning. That was until I found out that all you have to do is to wait for the software update pops up at whatever given time it appears, and then either choose to reject it or accept it. My software update prompt happens to show up sometime around 2 am in the morning. If I were to leave it there, I would get the frozen screen the next morning. You will have to find out what time your software update pops up and you will be able to either accept or reject the software update request. The frozen screen should go away forever.