Forums

Autopilot stopped working

Autopilot stopped working

After the SW upgrade last week, Autopilot on My 2018 Model S has stopped working. It doesn't show any vehicles nearby, nor lane identification and when I pull the cruise/autopilot lever a yellow sign appears "front radar low visibility". This is on a clear day.. I have rebooted at least 3 times (pressing both scroll buttons on the steering) and nothing seems to work. I have even inspected all sensors if they were damaged and everything looks just fine. Any suggestions on what else to try ?

Bighorn | 2019年2月20日

Try powering down from the screen for a couple minutes. Sit very still and don’t open a door or touch anything

ktslab | 2019年2月20日

I had a similar experience on my Dec 2017 Model S except the message says some like "autopilot not available" or something to that nature. It's been a while, I don't remember the exact message.

Ended up taking to the service center for recalibration. All is good after.

Come to think of it, I ran over a big bump a bit too fast on a super rainy day. That is probably the culprit to my problem.

delcis2000 | 2019年2月20日

Thanks, I've opened up a service request

gta18 | 2019年4月18日

On the drive to vegas from LA, at Yermo supercharger exit the autopilot not available just popped up.... now 180 miles and 3 calls to SC, still not working. Im hoping to expedite my april 26 appointment to sooner.

Very disappointed not having AP on my first long trip... Have done power down thru security options and 2 button and brake pedal reset still no luck.

sigaris | 2019年5月12日

This just happened to me a few days ago on the Model 3. Very frustrating. Service appointment in two weeks, but had really come to depend on the AP on my commute.