Submitted by M3DNP on Fri, 2019-03-01 04:57
What Tesla did was actually pretty smart!
- Took out a few features out of base price and made them $3000 (AP)
- Reduced the base price by $3000
- So people would still be spending the same to buy a Tesla. Ex: AWD $50000 with basic AP vs $47000+$3000 with basic AP features
- In fact SR is actually $38000 (New pricing value)vs $35000 (old pricing value)
- For those who were not buying EAP or FSD thinking they were overpriced, now those features are merged into one.
- FSD is more attractive now and people would buy it.
- This would help Tesla accrue more FSD miles, will help Tesla avoiding retrofitting HW3 in all vehicles if people were to upgrade to FSD per current pricing structure.
- Closing of stores is actually an icing on the cake. There money being saved can be repurposed to expanding service.
- I don't think any of the stores with service/delivery centers will be closed. The store front could be repurposed as galleries.
- Only the stores with no service capabilities (like the ones in malls) would probably be closed.
Honestly the only people that are royally screwed are the ones who paid for FSD already. Their cars are $3000 cheaper compared to the new pricing structure since old EAP is the new FSD.
So, stop crying and get over it!! You were not cheated by Tesla.