Forums

Supercharging in the rain

Supercharging in the rain

Sorry if this had been discussed. What if I’m at Dunkin Donuts while I’m charging at a Supercharger, and it starts to pour. Should stay away from the charger and hope the rain stops? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Cheers"

Mr.Tesla | 2019年3月10日

It is completely safe to plug/unplug your car in the rain.

gmr6415 | 2019年3月10日

Not a problem. It's designed to handle it.

syclone | 2019年3月10日

Is this a trick question?

geedub1023 | 2019年3月10日

Just to be safe, I'd order a few more donuts and another large cup of their delicious coffee. When finished, if it's still raining? Repeat...

Bighorn | 2019年3月10日

Fake question. Dunkin Donuts no longer exists.

TM3Q | 2019年3月10日

No problem because as soon as you press the button on the plug it disconnect the DC power from the Supercharger. Also if you are afraid of electricity by nature then just stop the recharging via your app and it will also shutoff the DC power going thru the plug so you can approach knowing there’s no more power ON.

But then again there’s no issue here. The plug is secure into the car and both + and - are connected to their respective pins.

Maxxer | 2019年3月10日

You have to leap 10 meters away after unplugging while jumping.

gballant4570 | 2019年3月10日

Bighorn, I was just inside of a Dunkin Donuts last week......

TM3Q | 2019年3月10日

Dunkin Donuts no longer exist in Canada. Completely wipe out by Tim Horton’s competition.

We used to have up to 210 Dunkin Donuts in Quebec, the brand started to have problems and then being crush by Tim Horton’s, the last 3 Dunkin Donuts still open in Canada close in Montreal,Quebec province (Canada) last year!

I liked that coffee but I also like the Tim Horton’s coffee now :-)

TM3Q | 2019年3月10日

@gballant4570

You were in the U.S. I presume?

gballant4570 | 2019年3月10日

TM3Q, yes - in the state of Maryland. I can think of at least a half dozen Dunkin Donuts locations within an hour's drive. On the other hand, I have never heard of Tim Horton.....

TM3Q | 2019年3月10日

Ok wich makes sence because Dunkin Donuts is an U.S. compagny.

Tim Horton’s is a Canadian company that was bought by Burger king in 2014 for around 12 Billion US dollars.

jordanrichard | 2019年3月10日

What Bighorn is referring to is that Dunkin Donuts is now known simply as Dunkin. They dropped the donuts from their name. Watch any ad on TV for it. It will take time for the franchises to replace their old signage.

rob.kibler | 2019年3月10日

An all the old farts on this forum will continue to call it Dunkin Donuts for the rest of their lives.

geedub1023 | 2019年3月10日

@rob.kibler

"And" not "An". Old fart here...stay in school.

TeslaTap.com | 2019年3月10日

In an effort to shorten the name, I wonder if "Dunkin nuts" was considered by marketing before finally going with "Dunkin".... I guess we'll never know.

ODWms | 2019年3月10日

I’ve never heard of Tim Hortons either. Can’t throw a rock around here (Tampa Bay) without hitting and ricocheting off several Dunkin’s, though.

ArcticStation | 2019年3月10日

If you know what a medium double-double or and an extra large 4X4 is, you know Tim Horton's.

Nexxus | 2019年3月12日

@TeslaTap, They could have gone with "Donkey Doughnuts"....just sayin'.

kevin_rf | 2019年3月12日

Can't walk across the Rainbow Bridge by the falls without tripping over a Tim Horton's. It's just a Canadian thing. Just like Drunken Donuts is a New England thing. Can't take the khar out without going through the drive through. I find Drinking is usually out of donuts, I suspect that's why they dropped Donuts from the name... Personally prefer Dippin Donuts, better donuts made fresh.

Bighorn | 2019年3月12日

Yeah, I was referring to the name change. Probably due in part to the fact that Dunkin’s really makes their money on the coffee. There was a big line at Tim Horton’s in Surrey, BC a few days ago. One supercharger I used back east required a Tim Hortom’s for the closest lavatory at certain hours.

hokiegir1 | 2019年3月12日

And I'll take either Dunkin' or Timmie's over freaking Krispy Kreme that's all over my area. Blech. Luckily, we also have a Duck Donuts, where you custom order them.

Bulldawg | 2019年3月12日

LOL, hokiegir1. I've been on the forum since first ordering back in October. This may the first post of yours I've disagreed with. Dunkin is crap! But you HAVE to get the fresh hot KK's. They do lose their appeal quickly.

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年3月12日

Mmmm Donuts

hokiegir1 | 2019年3月12日

@Bulldawg --what can I say -- I was raised on Dunkin' (NJ/PA) and didn't move to GA until I was an adult. I find KK to leave an unpleasant aftertaste...but I also prefer cake donuts to the fried ones, so that's probably a big part of it. :)

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年3月12日

They are all fried in delicious grease.

mazers | 2019年3月12日

You can't throw a rock without hitting a Dunkin Donuts in MD any more. They seem to be everywhere in Howard County.

syclone | 2019年3月12日

We have to change this string of posts to "Dunkin' in the Rain". We'll resurect Gene Kelly to dance the theme song - "(Fill in the blank - has to say something about Elon Musk and Donuts)"

Jiver | 2019年3月12日

Where can I find a Supercharger next to a donut shop? In Eastern Colorado and Kansas they seem to be next to Arby's. That's unfortunate.

kevin_rf | 2019年3月12日

I still remember when Dunkin actually would make the donut at the location. Now they come by semi.

Time to make the donuts...
https://youtu.be/gjrzuSb00ts

ICEMELT | 2019年3月12日

@geedub1023 had the best answer :-)

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年3月13日

Bump

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年3月13日

Bump

jithesh | 2019年3月13日

Better than if it starts pouring when you are walking from your car to Dunkin I guess.

Whats better with coffee in rain - Donuts or Hashbrowns ?

hokiegir1 | 2019年3月13日

@Jiver - I believe the Manchester, TN supercharger is actually in the DD parking lot. I'm sure there are others that are close, but that's one I know off the top of my head. @Bighorn has seen them all, so he can probably give some other ideas. ;)

Bighorn | 2019年3月13日

Erwin NY and Sagamore, MA are at DDs. Waco, Corsicana, and Lindale TX are at Collins St Bakery where your fob can get you freebies, coffee I think.

lumberjack | 2019年3月13日

Eating donuts might be more dangerous than supercharging in the rain.