Forums

SR+ REVIEW FROM TESLA MOTORS CLUB FORUM

SR+ REVIEW FROM TESLA MOTORS CLUB FORUM

"I had a Saturday scheduled appointment but my delivery coordinator called today and told me they had just unloaded my SR+ off the truck and asked if I'd like to get it today. I said absolutely and raced over to get it after work. The car was in perfect condition, with no paint defects, panel gaps or any other issues I could detect with a pretty thorough inspection before I left. No detectable rattles on the way home.

Please let me know what questions you might have, but here were some surprises:
I only bought AP (for $3k), not FSD. Nonetheless, my car seems to have summon mode and it looked like I had a navigate on autopilot option. No idea whether this is a temporary demo or not. Also, while the car had 9.0 installed, it stated it had an update to install, which I am running now. No idea whether that will take anything away once that update completes.
While traffic is not displayed on the navigation, I do have satellite maps. It does appear to use traffic to route as expected.
Despite guidance of 20-60 miles needed for camera calibration, my AP started working after about 10 miles. I think it helped that was I was sitting in traffic for most of those 10 miles, so that gave the cameras about 25-30 minutes to calibrate.
Someone asked about dog mode and sentry mode, I think. I verified I have them both.
Sound system sounded good. What questions do people have about it, I will try to answer them?"

Mike UpNorth | 2019年3月12日

"Congratulations and welcome to the club!"

alexdonaghy | 2019年3月12日

I have the same vehicle ordered. Congrats on your delivery. Can you describe the seat material. Is it the same vegan leather as the premium cars? Minor thing but do you have Homelink garage door capability? The premium has location aware but some have speculated that all models can do basic Homelink functions.

rsaki001 | 2019年3月12日

@alexdonaghy I will keep updating as I see the updates in the original post in TMC

"Auto retracting side mirrors? Yes
What (if any) floor mats are present? None
Where are the USB charge ports? 2 up front and 2 for rear? Definitely 2 in the front, will check in rear in a minute.
Have you noted any visible difference with Premium interior? No. Now, it's been a little while since I sat in the premium 3, but everything seems the same in terms of trim, wood on the dash, etc. It appears to be exactly the same to my eye.
Is there a subwoofer included (bass from trunk)? Doesn't appear to be. I cranked the music pretty loud on the drive home and while the audio was good, I did not feel a subwoofer at all. I will run out and double check, though."

Targetaddict | 2019年3月12日

When did you order?

Carl Thompson | 2019年3月12日

Are you sure you _don't_ have heated rear seats?

TM3Q | 2019年3月12日

Congrats! Enjoy your new car! :-)

parkerdennis | 2019年3月12日

Congratulations on your new model 3! I do have one question that I cannot find an answer to. Does this have the manual telescopic steering wheel or electronic motorized? Thank you enjoy your new car.

ucojsh30 | 2019年3月12日

Hows GPS from what you recall compared to the premium version?

rsaki001 | 2019年3月13日

"Speakers: I counted six. Four in the front (two above seats, two in the doors) and two in the rear (in the doors). I'm not sure about the subwoofer, which I realize seems ridiculous. I put on some music, popped the trunk and it did seem to be generating some bass, but I could have just been picking up vibrations from the other speakers. It wasn't over the top bass.

GVWR is 4541 lbs. 2447 front, 2771 rear.

No homelink as far as I could see. The icon is not on the top of the screen and I searched in vain for some sort of option for it in the menu, but couldn't find anything.

Had 164 miles of range at pickup. They had it on a destination charger in one of the bays.

There are two rear USB ports, in addition to two in the front.

I live in Washington, DC, picked up from Tyson's Corner, VA. The car is midnight gray with standard (aero) wheels, black interior and autopilot. They said when they pulled my car off the truck, it was the first SR+ they'd ever seen. I was a reservation holder, but canceled my reservation back in November. So I bought the 3 without a reservation but no idea if having held one at one point got me some sort of priority."

foodking | 2019年3月13日

Did you have a LR or premium interior model 3 before ordering the SR+? What are the list of options that you picked with your SR+?

hokiegir1 | 2019年3月13日

"While traffic is not displayed on the navigation, I do have satellite maps. It does appear to use traffic to route as expected."

You may want to check if this setting is just turned off. Tap the map and it brings up a small bar with 3 icons -- one is a traffic light. Tap that.

Jtwo | 2019年3月13日

Have you driven a LR RWD model? If so, how does the performance match up?

dmd4343 | 2019年3月13日

How long did you spend checking the car and did you use one of the in-depth Model 3 checklists to review the car?

Checklist example: https://model3slo.org/model-3-delivery-checklist/

Wondering if they are giving people adequate time to go through the checklists or if they are trying to get the in and out with the car...

dmastro | 2019年3月13日

OP is not the owner of the car writing the review, but rather posting updates from another forum. It might be more helpful to link that review so interested people can follow it and interact with the reviewer.