Forums

River of new Teslas

River of new Teslas

We just drove back from Phoenix to Sacramento and there was a veritable river of car carriers loaded with Teslas southbound on I-5. What was amusing was that as we traveled northbound we approached an empty car carrier and I joked that it was probably headed back to the factory for another load. As we passed the tractor cab the information stenciled on the side said "Not for hire" and owned by Tesla Inc.
TommyT

Tropopause | 2019年3月20日

Hope they get the 30,000 unit push delivered before Q1 end.

I've seen that river as well. Pretty cool!

jordanrichard | 2019年3月20日

TommyT, were these new car haulers or old ones that they haphazardly slapped/spray painted Tesla's name on?

TommyT | 2019年3月20日

We were not terribly good witnesses. There were definitely a variety of different trailers and tractors. The only one that I actually looked at to see the info stenciled on the side was the empty traveling north, and only then to verify my joke about "going back to pick up another load". It was an old tractor with a new black paint job. The "Not for hire" indicated that it was only used to transport new Teslas for the owner, Tesla Inc. I suspect that many of those we saw heading south were leased or hired by the job. The indication was not that of a shiny new operation but more of a tent in the factory parking lot. But still there were a lot of new Teslas "out for delivery" as Dominos would say.
TommyT

Tropopause | 2019年3月20日

The one I saw up close was not new.

Glenlakehouse | 2019年3月21日

Awesome! River is speeding up.

rlwrw | 2019年3月21日

I saw seven auto carriers full of Teslas heading east on Highway 58 between Mojave and Barstow on Sunday, 3-17-2019.
An eighth one was spotted in Mojave traveling south on the main drag. Unknown whether it was going farther south on the 14 or going to go east on the 58.

rlwrw | 2019年3月21日

Also, is this the result of Tesla buying into the car carrier company?

jessicaherman27 | 2019年3月31日