Forums

Finally! Posting is now limited to Tesla owners! Should be a LOT less SPAM!

Finally! Posting is now limited to Tesla owners! Should be a LOT less SPAM!

This is great! Hopefully no more SPAM!

jamespompi | 2019年3月21日

What about the people that are looking for questions to be answered before prior to purchase? They should make the forum more user friendly if they want to limit the posts to owners.

jamespompi | 2019年3月21日

I cant even post... I've had my car since August.

SO | 2019年3月21日

@jamespompi - even though you are an owner, you still have to contact tesla at the email at the top of this page. They don’t automatically grant you to the forum. (They should....but they don’t.)

Mike83 | 2019年3月21日

Great news.

pinball_player | 2019年3月21日

I guess I can reply as a non owner though.

mbowden | 2019年3月21日

I'm not an owner, but came here to ask a few questions and get an idea of what to expect, I guess some are grandfathered in?

lilbean | 2019年3月21日

Love it!

Mike83 | 2019年3月21日

It also slows down the Astroturfing from trolls.

lilbean | 2019年3月21日

If non owners want information, a simple google search is all that is needed.

jimglas | 2019年3月21日

I won't miss mos and the climate trolls

El Mirio | 2019年3月21日

@lilbean A lot of people don't know how to ask the right questions to get the desired answers using google, I know its counter intuitive, but I have observed this at work often, even with younger generations.

SJMYY | 2019年3月21日

I guess having an order in for a MY makes me a verified owner? Or can anyone still just reply to existing posts?

El Mirio | 2019年3月21日

You can reply you cannot post new topics, verified owner status is only granted after car purchase.

jimglas | 2019年3月21日

I have been an owner for a year and cannot get superpowers.

El Mirio | 2019年3月21日

@jimglas you have to unlock it by contacting

forums@tesla.com

jimglas | 2019年3月21日

have done that several times. I will try again.

TabascoGuy | 2019年3月21日

So is the only way a non-owner can ask a question here is to hijack an existing thread?

TabascoGuy | 2019年3月21日

Ha ha ha! The Captcha store front test for that last post showed a picture of the "MOS Burger" restaurant.

El Mirio | 2019年3月21日

@TabascoGuy Seems that way. Think reservation holders should have an option to post new topics/questions.

carlk | 2019年3月21日

Looks non-owners still can post but just not to start a thread. I think that is great.

T35LAX | 2019年3月21日

Posting two or more topic about same issue is spam too, isn't it?

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/posting-now-limited-verified-owners

blue adept | 2019年3月21日

It is a welcomed necessity due to the recent uptick in spam and 'trolling' from members of other sites the forum has been experiencing of late.

Hopefully this measure will serve to separate the wheat from the chaff and free us from such annoyances (fingers are crossed).

JustSaying | 2019年3月21日

No mas mos?

Ross1 | 2019年3月21日

Non owners can use the thread with my name on it, created by @djh, thanks.

reed_lewis | 2019年3月21日

@T35LAX I was the first to post this.

SCCRENDO | 2019年3月21日

@reed. Indeed you were. I only realized it later after I started my thread. But I have some responses so I left it up

mufflesound | 2019年4月1日

In all honesty, I can't see any spam activity on the forum.

TeslaTap.com | 2019年4月1日

I still see qutie a bit of posting spam, not thread creation spam. Most is one of three kinds - one has a very vague note like "Nice thread" with a spam link, then there is the non-related spam where it talks about something unrelated to the thread, followed by a spam link. The last is the worst, where it grabs someone else's post and might modify a few words and then posts it with a spam link. The links are always totally unrelated to anything to do with Tesla or owners. All appear to be done by spam bots.

reed_lewis | 2019年4月1日

...Nice Post....

(No link included..) ;)

And I agree with TeslaTap There is a lot of SPAM in posts where people are posting valid text, but links that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

reed_lewis | 2019年4月1日

...And at least the Asian character posts are gone!

jimglas | 2019年4月1日

没那么快

wgermscheid | 2019年4月1日

@jamespompi Even though posting is limited to verified owners, non-owners can still reply to ask questions.

TeslaTap.com | 2019年4月1日

@jimglas - best laugh of the day (I'm easy to please)!

Ross1 | 2019年4月1日

I am happy to leave out the links