Forums

Use phone for key and not ignition?

Use phone for key and not ignition?

to-be-new owner (next wed)... Can't find anything with Google...

Can I sync my sons phone to allow them to open the doors, but prohibit them from driving with profiles?

I am sure you can imagine the scenarios I am thinking of. Want to be able to send them to retrieve something from the car, but not anything more.

RJMIII | 2019年4月17日

PIN to drive.

Teslynn | 2019年4月17日

Just use the phone app to lock and unlock doors.

lordmiller | 2019年4月17日

Secret PIN code!!

jvcesare | 2019年4月17日

I agree with @Teslynn. You can remotely unlock with your app. BTW you can also remotely "start" the car and allow some else to drive with the app.

lbowroom | 2019年4月17日

Risky Business and Ferris Bueller's Day Off come to mind

bradbomb | 2019年4月17日

I think if you remotely unlock the doors, I think it starts that 90 second clock to drive off the same way if you use the key card to open the door, you don't need to tap on the dash if you drive off within a certain time period. I have not tried or confirmed this.

tomasrey88 | 2019年4月17日

valet mode, but set max speed to 0 mph.

PittCaleb | 2019年4月17日

Thx for responses. Would be nice to just have the kids have phones that could open the car and their "profile" set to non-driver. I don't want to set a PIN to drive and have to enter it myself. Good feedback, think this is a good future feature though.

TabascoGuy | 2019年4月17日

Try the "Don't drive the car" voice command on your kids. It worked fine for me.

yalda | 2019年4月17日

wow! just how lazy are you? Do you use your kids as servants?

lbowroom | 2019年4月17日

Not trusting them to not drive the car is the issue in my mind, but I try not to judge....

wildblue | 2019年4月17日

ignition? What ignition?