Forums

Rattle under the dash near driver side A Pillar

Rattle under the dash near driver side A Pillar

Have a rattling sound coming from under the dash near driver side A pillar (near the left front speaker). I don't think it is inside the door, sound seems to come from in front of the door. Anyone else has similar problem? Any quick fix before going to SC?

aptwo | 2019年4月19日

Did you close all the center storage console? Try that and see if the rattles go away.

ammcbride | 2019年4月21日

I have the sam rattle. I think I isolated it to the wheel well. The plastic in the wheel well vibrates into the fender. I'm taking it in for service to rectify regardless.

Marbix | 2019年4月21日

I had a dash rattle near the passenger-side A pillar that started after about 8 months of ownership and would only rattle while driving over rough pavement. I took it into SC for diagnosis, and it turned out to be a loose speaker clip, quickly fixed, and hasn't rattled since.

thorvund | 2019年4月22日

I have a similar sound on rough road. Going to make an appointment to have it checked out. I guess one of the disadvantages of a nearly silent vehicle is every rattle is heard.

Pepperidge | 2019年4月22日

I had three problems
1. the speakers (black one, both side). --> insert foam (repaired by SC)
2. driver side strut (feels like the sound came from inside the dash) --> replaced strut assembly (SC)
3. steering column --> it stops making noise when you hold the top side cover behind the steering wheel.

Jaganjai | 2019年4月22日

@Pepperidge, My SC 'fixed' #3 issue...few weeks later it was again 'fixed' by a mobile technician...I continue to live with it.

CharleyBC | 2019年4月22日

Such a rattle just began a few days ago on rough pavement after 9 months of silence.

@Marbix (or anyone): which speaker? The little one at the front corner of the window? I'd rather diagnose and fix myself if it's easy.

Carl Thompson | 2019年4月22日

I have had every type of rattle imaginable. Most have been fixed but a couple still occasionally annoy me.

Marbix | 2019年4月22日

@CharleyBC my service invoice just says "Removed the right side A pillar and secured the push clips found speaker grill lose and secured it".

TeslaEdison | 2019年4月23日

Thank you all for sharing your experiences, maybe will to try to open the speaker grill to take a look before SC visit

CharleyBC | 2019年4月24日

The speaker at the window corner is pretty easy to remove with a pry tool. I had to do it a while back as a step in a mirror replacement. You need the door open, then pop it straight up. It'll unplug right into your waiting hand.