Forums

Model S 120D?

Model S 120D?

Interesting observation on my road trip to Austin this weekend. I stopped at the Austin supercharger on my way out of town on Monday and there was a black 100D charging. The first odd thing was that there was only 1 other car there. This has GOT to be one of the busiest chargers in the network. I went there 3 other times during my visit to Austin and I always had 3 or more cars ahead of me waiting for a spot. Anyway, I didn't pay much attention to the 100D until the driver walked up from a local shop with a shopping bag in hand, typical looking guy, maybe Hispanic, with "trendy" jeans (i.e. factory worn hole, distressed), t-shirt, unplugged his car and left. As he was pulling out, I was able to observe his plate... CA manufacturers plate. I have the guy and the plate recorded by my dashcam, but I'm not going to post it. Is there a reason an average consumer could have a metal manufacturers plate? Was this a possible 120D test mule being driven cross country by an employee? Can I enter the plate number into some website database and get more data?

Inquiring minds...

EVRider | 2019年4月19日

What makes you think Tesla is even working on a 120D, much less test driving one?

murphyS90D | 2019年4月19日

My last loaner had a dealer plate and no inspection sticker.

jordanrichard | 2019年4月20日

IT was a loaner, I am confident of that. They don’t need to do a road test to test a battery’s range. Certainly not from CA to TX.