Forums

Tesla Cam

Tesla Cam

Does anybody find it confusing when they take their usb out and try to watch the videos from the cameras? They don’t seem to be in order or I’m just not understanding it. Also, when you save a point in time it saves the last 10 minutes. Does it save the last 10 minutes in one 10 minute movie or 10 one minute videos? I was also looking at an item called the iusb pro where you place the micro card in the adapter, then plug it into your iPhone and download the iusb pro app. Will you be able to watch the video on your phone with that app? That would seem a lot easier than going home, plugging into a laptop to check videos, then going back to car. This way you can check it right from your car to see if anything is worth while on it. Any help would be appreciated I was thinking of buying the adapter.

EVRider | 2019年4月23日

Some of the card readers for iPhone and iPad use the iOS Photos app to import photos and videos. Those solutions don’t give you access to the file system, so it might be difficult to find a specific video. Some of those solutions won’t work with the Tesla dashcam because they require video files to be in a certain location or in a certain format.

I suggest you read reviews for the iusb pro solution to figure out if it will work for you. I’m not familiar with it.

rdovale | 2019年4月23日

Thanks

Techy James | 2019年4月23日

When I was reviewing the footage of my Tesla Cam USB drive I noticed that the file name was a date/time stamp plus the camera so if you filter by name reverse order you will have newest videos typically at top and oldest at bottom with each camera for a time frame together.

SteveWin1 | 2019年4月23日

I just use a USB-C card reading and my Pixel XL. They show up in order. usually pretty easy to find what I'm looking for.