Forums

Missing AP Features, i.e Lane Assist & Auto-High Beam?

Missing AP Features, i.e Lane Assist & Auto-High Beam?

I've been driving my new Model 3 Standard for two weeks and the following features don't seem to be available (despite my configuring them on screen):

* Lane Assist 

* Collision Avoidance Assist 

* Auto High Beam

The manual says these features are available even on the standard range Model 3. For Lane Assist, I don't see any of the white, yellow or red lane lines, though I do see a red vehicle and lane line in my blind spot if I try to change lanes and use my turn signal. No sign of Auto High Beam even on dark roads.

Any suggestions?

SwindlerCave | 2019年5月17日

Not sure about lane assist, but the auto high beams only turn off the highs, not on, so you have to engage them first (push the left stalk toward the dash).

For collision avoidance set the warning to "Early" and make a late transition to an empty lane behind some stopped cars (safely!!!). I was approaching an intersection with stopped traffic but a green right arrow; AP is pretty conservative and gave me the collision warning just before I'd fully transitioned to the right lane to turn because the lanes to go straight were stopped and several cars deep.

crmedved | 2019年5月17日

I don't think you'll ever really see collision assist or lane keep assist. The collision warning only goes off if you're approaching a stopped vehicle pretty fast without slowing down... I've triggered it only once in several months of driving with the early setting.

As Swindler pointed out, Auto High beams only function when you have the high beams "on". They will turn off when oncoming cars or detected or cars in front of you.

Lane keep assist I -think- only works if you start drifting out of the lane *and there is a car next to you*. I've never had it activate.

wiscy67 | 2019年5月17日

The Auto High Beam option on my SR+ works by engaging and disengaging high beams depending on conditions. I never manually touch the lights in my car including the cabin (Auto dome lights). The headlights come on when it's dark and high beams automatically come on when there are no other cars around. And the high beams dim when other cars come into view. Some members have reported that their auto high beams disengage or don't work when sensing light from their own headlights reflected in street signs.

If your Auto High beam isn't working this way then try manually engaging high beams before setting it back to Auto. I've never had an issue with mine so I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot.

EVRider | 2019年5月18日

It’s possible that some features aren’t working yet in HW3 cars, but the don’t know if that’s the case here.

Revelate | 2019年5月18日

May be a change based on software version? I got my AWD back in November and the auto-high beams would toggle both on and off... I'd love the feature if it just auto turned the high beams off, but it was so annoying and wasn't needed where I drive plus not shutting off when it should've of (I live in urban Los Angeles) I just turned the feature completely off.

If I had something where in my awkwardness I accidentally flip the high beams on and shut off automagically, that would be totally swanky, but I don't want it turning on automatically especially when it shouldn't which was the case previously... that was a few updates ago though.

rxlawdude | 2019年5月18日

Something is funky - my LR RWD (early VIN 138x) today suddenly dropped out of Autopilot ("Cruise not available") in the middle of a drive. The high beams were on, and given this was in the middle of the day, that seemed odd. So I toggled the turn signal stalk and either had green "headlights" or blue "high beams." Again, this is during the day.

So now I have:

No TACC
No Autosteer
No auto high beams
No auto headlights.

Rebooted and powered off to no avail.

Not happy about this at all.

rxlawdude | 2019年5月18日

(And yes, all settings show those things as active!)