Forums

Dog Mode

Dog Mode

Ever since the update to enable Dog Mode happened I can no longer leave the Climate on in the car - let alone use Dog Mode. The screen is greyed out. I have reported it, had several update and firmware reload and still nothing. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution?!

TranzNDance | 2019年5月31日

I've used Climate on, and not Dog mode. Was the battery level over 20% when you tried?

madickinson | 2019年5月31日

yes - at least 70%

Bill_75D | 2019年5月31日

Can you turn on climate from the app?

madickinson | 2019年5月31日

yes

jlhm | 2019年5月31日

Do you own a dog? :)

Bighorn | 2019年5月31日

Does your dog bite?

EVRider | 2019年5月31日

No.

madickinson | 2019年5月31日

lol - thanks for the help - and the laugh on a Friday afternoon!

madickinson | 2019年5月31日

It's not my dog.... Pink Panther

EVRider | 2019年5月31日

That last reply was to @Bighorn. You know what comes next...

@madickinson: You have to be in park to enable Keep Climate On or Dog Mode. Are you?

EVRider | 2019年5月31日

FYI, here’s the full context for the Pink Panther references above: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/05/25/the-best-pink-panther-quote...

TranzNDance | 2019年5月31日

Was Sentry mode on?

Bighorn | 2019年6月1日

For the Sellers’ fans
https://youtu.be/vsQ_ClWBeRI

andresrgarcia | 2019年6月1日

I am having the same issue, Battery can be at 100 percent for car in Park, and sentry mode off, but Under Keep Climate On
The options Below OFF ON DOG are all greyed out and unselectable. Since version update 2019.16.2 73d3f3c. Also since car image has been changed all the custom vehicles images like sleds are jo longer their when enabling.

madickinson | 2019年6月3日

We are being told the issue is with our compressor - not communicating with the ECU. Will take it in for service this week

madickinson | 2019年6月10日

update - issue was a fuse for the AC Compressor

barrykmd | 2019年6月10日

Bighorn | June 1, 2019
For the Sellers’ fans
https://youtu.be/vsQ_ClWBeRI

Love that movie.

P.S. You probably know this, but "does your dog bite?" is from Pink Panther.
P.P.S. Do you have a rheum?

plusplusjames | 2019年6月11日

My dog love you long time.

kerryglittle | 2019年6月11日

I tried dog mode for the first time today. I don't have a dog but had just bought 17 reel to reel blank tapes for my tape recorder at a hefty price and my wife wanted to stop for lunch. It was a bright sunny hot day so was afraid my tapes might melt. I know I could have just left the climate control on but wanted to see what dog mode would do. Was cool and worked good. Except my windows are tinted pretty dark and I couldn't read the message at all. I cupped my hands on the window and could barely make it out. So pretty much useless in my case. Good thing I don't have a dog. LOL.

barrykmd | 2019年6月11日

kerry - I was unaware they still make reel to reel tape.

TranzNDance | 2019年6月11日

@kerryglittle, if the message wasn't visible, would a dog be visible?

Captain_Zap | 2019年6月12日

@bighorn I have a supply of "Being There" movies on hand. If I learn that someone hasn't seen it, then the go home with a parting gift.

kerryglittle | 2019年6月12日

@barrykmd there are still NOS tapes out there and I believe one company is still making them but very pricey. These were new Memorex still in plastic wrap. As long as they were stored properly they work fine. So yeah got back into reel to reel as I did with vinyl records over the winter. Loving it. Got so accustomed to CD's that I was unaware how much better the music sounded old school. @TranzNDance if the dog was licking the windows as they like to do it would be visible. LOL. You would be able to see movement in my car just not be able to read the screen.

sentabo | 2019年6月12日

Captain, that is awesome.

I'll have to revisit Being There; it's been quite a few years.

reed_lewis | 2019年6月12日

Being There was Peter Seller's Best movie he made. It was incredibly well done, and his acting was magnificent.

I concur with @Captain_Zap.