Forums

Voltage too low, car may not restart

Voltage too low, car may not restart

I got this message twice yesterday, but no message today.

Sent message out to service yesterday.

b8schris | 2019年7月10日

12 v battery is going bad. This is one of those issues that you can call the Tesla Service number... click the first option saying that you are stranded.. when you get a person have them check the output of your battery. if it dies, your car dies, so it is serious. I had it happen and they told me to take it right in to the service center.. they checked the connections and replaced my battery..(12v) and keep your receipts.. 4 months later, my 12v went bad again and they couldn't find the record and wanted to charge me.. I had to produce my receipt that showed that it was only 4 months old and they apologized and replaced it again.

Silver2K | 2019年7月10日

My 12v is about 2 months old and I don't have a 12v issue indicator.

Silver2K | 2019年7月10日

As I suspected and hoped I was wrong.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AihnWpuO55swiYMBU8-yXDfsbSjzbg

gridley1950 | 2019年7月10日

Ouch!

Silver2K | 2019年7月10日

Tesla no longer provides loaner packs as per text I received from service. Whatever pack they install that matches your specs is the replacement pack

Tldickerson | 2019年7月10日

@Silver2K , isn't your car a 2016 90D? How many miles do you have on your car now?

Bighorn | 2019年7月10日

Lucky!

murphyS90D | 2019年7月11日

My 2016 90D got a new battery at 920 miles on the odometer. Driving it to the SvC was not an option. They picked it up and brought it back a week later.

Silver2K | 2019年7月11日

Tl, early 2015 p90d, 201k miles.

Bighorn, not sure about luck yet. I hope they don't replace the pack with another 2015 pack.

barrykmd | 2019年7月11日

Any estimate on how long it will take?

Silver2K | 2019年7月11日
barrykmd | 2019年7月11日

Silver - At first I was thinking it's good to see you now have a closer SvC option. Then I kept reading and thought, "Oy!"

Silver2K | 2019年7月11日

You can say that again!

Tldickerson | 2019年7月11日

Keep us posted as to what battery they might replace it with. I wouldn't think they would have to many 90 around and would replace it with a 100.

Silver2K | 2019年7月26日

update: the car is still in my possession and I have contacted tesla customer service and service center in Milford (transferred by support) and not a single call back even though I have spoken to individuals that have promised to call back.

The reason for my call is to secure a loaner (any loaner) and not be offered a lyft or uber card when dropping the car off at the Latham service center.

Last Friday I contacted my mobile tech and he responded immediately and called me. He promised he would contact Justin (manager at Latham) and have him contact me somehow (via email, text or call). My mobile tech has been in touch with me since last Friday, but Justin hasn't called after informing my mobile tech he would contact me the past Monday.

The car is running fine, but my tech informed me that there is obviously a problem with the pack and it should be brought in.

barrykmd | 2019年7月26日

So your car is still at home, sitting there with a dead battery, 3 weeks after contacting service?

Tldickerson | 2019年7月26日

@barrykmd, he said the car is running fine. Did you miss the last sentence?

Bighorn | 2019年7月26日

Apparently there’s a vision issue.

*No charge*

Tldickerson | 2019年7月26日

LOL :)

barrykmd | 2019年7月26日

Yes, I missed it. BH - do you make house calls?

Bighorn | 2019年7月26日

Since there’s heightened awareness, I would need to request use of an outlet for the Haag Streit.

barrykmd | 2019年7月26日

No problem. Also good to know you used an actual Haag Streit and not one of the knock-offs.
I keep an eye out (pun intended) for the Sheridan Ophthalmology Ranger Service van.

Silver2K | 2019年8月2日

Update: Performing system check (multiple times since February), service vehicle (x2) have popped up within the last 24 hrs. Service has been notified and no response. I called a good friend that is now a tech at a service center in Seattle and had my logs pulled. I was told the HV system is the problem and the pack may have to be replaced. He was not sure if the problem is within the pack or HV system outside the pack.

Mobile has been great! Latham manager has not called in 2 weeks and at one point told mobile services he contacted me.

MT. Kisco is looking great at this point.

Silver2K | 2019年8月2日

PS: been very patient and have not raised my voice once.

murphyS90D | 2019年8月2日

My guidance counselor in college had a favorite statement.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

TeslaTap.com | 2019年8月2日

@Silver2K - I think the best approach is to just make a service appointment. If nothing is found wrong - great. If something is bad, have it fixed.

Bighorn | 2019年8月2日

Our Seattle friend can’t look at logs without Tesla knowing, so you’ll have a strong case for the HV being addressed.

Silver2K | 2019年8月2日

TT, I'm going to just show up Monday and drop the car off.

Bighorn, our friend purposely disturbed the outstanding service concern for my arachnid wheels (for some reason tesla thinks its a concern) to create a flag. And nothing has happened, Yet.

murphyS90D, not sure exactly what that means, but I'm guessing it means I should get upset and yell at them (?). I have laid the sarcasm on pretty think

barrykmd | 2019年8月2日

Wear your special shorts. That'll show 'em!

Mathew98 | 2019年8月2日

@barry - H@ll to the no. He may be mistaken for a run of the mill short seller!

Silver2K | 2019年8月6日

Update: Patience has worn thin. Heading to Latham this morning and dropping car off whether they like it or not.

barrykmd | 2019年8月6日

You show 'em!

barrykmd | 2019年8月6日

And how are you going to get home? That's about a 3 hour drive, yes?

Mathew98 | 2019年8月6日

He will hitchhike while wearing his patented, fruit baring, short short...

barrykmd | 2019年8月6日

lol

Silver2K | 2019年8月6日

Plan was concocted by my mobile tech, but it kinda backfired. Although I finally got what I wanted, I left with my car because not even Enterprise had cars.

But I got an appointment and secured a loaner :)

I don't care about the drive:)

Silver2K | 2019年8月11日

Dropped the car off on Friday..

Day 1 at service. I called service and my mobile tech to contact a service tech that my car only has a range of 3 miles. I check in 15 minutes and Bam. No, I did not stay connected.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AihnWpuO55swiYYr00zmiuHj-7ATxw?e=1D4QS8

I get a call in about an HR asking for my pin...

Boneheads!

The model x loaner is really nice. Don't like the falcon wings much and auto door open does not seem to work when I approach the vehicle on my loaner even though the function is switched on. The fob functions for the doors are really nice, love the windshield (serious wow factor) and drives really nice.

The seats are very comfortable and the ride height is perfect. I am very surprised it doesn't outsell the model s for only 6k more.

Silver2K | 2019年8月11日

Also I have met the manager (Justin) twice now and he's a really nice guy. He seems overwhelmed due to being shortstaffed and overworked.

barrykmd | 2019年8月11日

Silver - two questions:
1. Tesla doesn't have a PIN override?
2. Don't you know better than to charge your phone to 100%?

Re the X, I had one as a loaner once. I didn't like it. Too big and I didn't like the over-sized windshield. Too much glare.

NKYTA | 2019年8月11日

1. Not as of my last service. They called asking for the PIN.
2. The loaner X I had was fun, got to show my nephews “the show”. However, it was the longest (in time) park job in the garage, less than an inch to spare.

Silver2K | 2019年8月11日

Barry, they have an override after they enter the pin by putting the car in service mode.

The 100% charge rule does not apply to those that change phones regularly.

I can't believe you don't like the windshield. I am in awe of it! I feel like I'm outside the car!

barrykmd | 2019年8月11日

Silver - Maybe it's the sunlight. The sun here is very strong, bright and almost always present. Haven't lived in Syracuse for 4 years, I can understand why you don't get my perspective.

Mathew98 | 2019年8月11日

@barry - You'll never get his perspective unless you've tried on one of his shorts...

barrykmd | 2019年8月11日

Can't wear those shorts here Matthew. Just like the windshield issue, too high a risk of sunburn in bad places.

Silver2K | 2019年8月13日

Update:

Diagnostic shows water ingress in rear drive unit and warn high voltage cable to the drive unit due to wear and tear over the years.

All covered under drive unit warranty

Silver2K | 2019年8月13日

Worn too :)

Mathew98 | 2019年8月13日

@silver - Short shorts allow more than water ingress. You'd probably get some chafing proportional to the volume of cellulite on those drumsticks.

At least your baby is covered under warranty, can't say the same for your wardrobe...

Silver2K | 2019年8月13日

Actually the short shorts fit allow less water ingress ;-)

Tldickerson | 2019年8月13日

So, your battery is OK? The problem was just due to the rear end damage. At least they found the problem fast it looks like.

Silver2K | 2019年8月13日

Yes, very quick find. Getting the car in was the problem