Forums

FSD $3k cheaper for those with EAP

FSD $3k cheaper for those with EAP

For those who have EAP already Elon has tweeted that those who want to upgrade to FSD will be $3k cheaper. Let the fire sale begin!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1151292936035848193?s=20

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年7月17日

Nice! I had a hunch EAP folks would be getting a break.

jjgunn | 2019年7月17日

Same price we paid last year

$5k for EAP & $3k for FSD.

gballant4570 | 2019年7月17日

Almost as good as the fire sale this past March. If you have EAP. That is a good deal. Those who missed that one, now is the time to pull the trigger.

Another record quarter coming up.

neezer | 2019年7月17日

Don't all model 3s that were built since the spring have EAP standard? Does it apply to those cars? Or the earlier builds?

Joshan | 2019年7月17日

no they have AP standard which is only TACC and Autosteer.

jjgunn | 2019年7月17日

neezer | July 17, 2019
Don't all model 3s that were built since the spring have EAP standard?
-----------
Nope.

Joshan is correct. EAP is Enhanced Auto-Pilot which includes NavonAP. Plain old generic AP you will need to manually change lanes....THE HORROR!!

dmastro | 2019年7月17日

It seems fair that those who paid for EAP originally should see a discount relative to AP buyers. (Full disclosure I'm an EAP owner.)

That said, even with the discount I don't plan to purchase FSD until it matures and I'm more confident in it.

lordmiller | 2019年7月17日

Let me know when you see the 3K on your page. Not missing it this time.

jjgunn | 2019年7月17日

I would go into a Tesla showroom & ask for an OA or Manager.

They can probably help you EAP folks get your FSD for $3k

jimglas | 2019年7月17日

I got the $2k bargain FSD added to my EAP, but if I didn't, I would go with this. Its not going to get any cheaper and I want the upgraded MCU

Sideswipe | 2019年7月17日

I missed the fact that the $2000 deal was a promo and had an end date. I won't make the same mistake this time. When it's available for $3000, I'll get it.

PhillyGal | 2019年7月17日

@Sideswipe - I'm thinking me too. Even if it doesn't become approved for real use, the feature itself is an appreciating asset unlike the car in general.

PhillyGal | 2019年7月17日

*approved for real use right away

ramoska | 2019年7月17日

Just make sure it says 3K !!!!!! I did the promo at 2K and was charged 3K..... I did get my money back eventually.

bshangle31 | 2019年7月17日

So, I recently purchased a pre-owned 2018 Model 3 with no previously purchased autopilot software....I just paid $3000 last week for "Autopilot Upgrade" and now the only other option I am left to purchase is "Full Self Driving Capability" for $6000.....so am I included in this discounted craziness going on? or am I stuck paying another $6000?

Joshan | 2019年7月17日

the discount is for Enhanced Autopilot, not AutoPilot. So you are likely out.

Jiver | 2019年7月17日

I'm an EAP owner that is on the fence. Part of me wants to do this at 3k. I do not believe that FSD will be a reality while I still own this car (which I hope is a long time and I know that this could be short-sighted) but I do understand that an upgraded computer would make all things EAP even better. I do not use NoA because I have not seen the value in it yet. I've used Summon in a real-world situation one time where it made getting in the car much easier. Advanced Summon might be good in the rain. I like the parallel parking feature but I already get that with EAP.

My current thinking is that the 3k would be better put towards a Model Y than towards FSD on my M3. How sad am I going to be in a year if I do not jump on this FSD price? What am I really getting for my 3k?

M3phan | 2019年7月17日

Dont forget NOA on street level with stop light and stop sign recognition. I’m looking forward to that functionality.

Joshan | 2019年7月17日

if you do not use NoaP now, I would wait. I use NoaP every day so it was kinda of a no brainer for me. I literally am on AP 90% of the time I am driving, even in city.

jeffreii | 2019年7月17日

Thank you. This is fair and reasonable. Without this discount, the reality is that buying EAP last year was a bad move. We paid 5k and would have to pay another 6k, for a grand total of 11k for FSD.

If we had skipped EAP, we'd simply have to pay 6k now.

With this discount, the price is (I believe) what was originally offered at the time of purchase: 5k for EAP + 2k for FSD, raising to 3k for FSD if you purchased it after the fact.

That still leaves a sizable difference between 6k for FSD now vs. overall 8k cost for EAP buyers, but that's far easier to stomach than 11k...

EVRider | 2019年7月17日

Here we go again...

Bighorn | 2019年7月17日

@heff
Your memory is off slightly. FSD was $3k with $5k EAP at time of purchase. $4k thereafter.

RichardKJ | 2019年7月17日

@jeffreii The original price at purchase time was $5K for EAP plus $3K for FSD with each increasing by $1K after purchase. At the time, of course, the $3K for FSD got you exactly nothing, not even a time frame when FSD would have any content.

I elected to go get EAP only on my May '18 order/July '18 delivery. In March '19 I went for the $2K FSD in part because it looked like there might be content by the end of the year. Also it was half paid for by finally cancelling my second Model 3 reservation.

Bighorn | 2019年7月17日

Should have been @jeff, but at least I beat Richard.:) I didn’t take the $2k upgrade promotion because I was dealing with replacing brakes on the S for a similar sum at that time. When I saw the price go to $6k after entertaining the misapprehension that I had a grandfathered $4k rate, I’m quite liable to take Elon’s $3k upgrade offer.

jeffreii | 2019年7月17日

Yeah I'll probably bite at 3k too. Last year when I purchased EAP it was also a bit uncertain as to whether or not Tesla would pull of this whole Model 3 thing...but things look much more secure now. The FSD event in April was also pretty impressive, imo

donharvey2323 | 2019年7月17日

I ordered my car in October last year and there was no indication that another purchase would be necessary besides EAP to get to full self driving. The description for EAP said that improvements would continue to be made and there was no mention of FSD as an extra option. EAP is still buggy and does weird things. Tesla has been promising FSD for awhile and does not seem close. There is a lot for AI to figure out at a four-way stop and pedestrian crossings. I'm not inclined to pay $$$ for something that may, or may not, become a reality in the next 5 years. I paid $5K for EAP. Someone buying today is getting the car cheaper and and getting FSD for $6K.

Jtwo | 2019年7月17日

I kicked myself for not buying it when it was $2k back in March. I'm going to bite the bullet this time and get it. I'm still leery about when it will be in full use and admittedly will be buying it as a FOMO knee jerk reaction.

Jlomb436 | 2019年7月17日

I'm still on the fence. I think it would be amazing tech but I just don't think the timeline is accurate. I could totally be wrong. And the irony is, if he does launch it within 24 months and it's legal to do etc, I'd have a hard time slapping down $5 or 10k if that's what he wanted to charge. Decisions decisions.

Right now, I see that it will respond to stop signs, lights and driving in city. Not sure if that's worth $3k at the moment. Someone tell me I'm wrong because I want to pull the trigger haha.

Uh, 3.0 chipset, not worth it? I most certainly do think 3K instead of 6K is on a chipset that increases processing speed to 144 TOPS is probably a bargain.

M3BlueGeorgia | 2019年7月17日

So $6K less $3K is $3K until August 16th.

However, a bug on the website won't let me do that :-(

jamespompi | 2019年7月17日

I hope they bring it back for the guys that added AP post delivery. I was able to get the AP for 2k, but couldnt afford dishing out another 3k in the ~week FSD was at that price.

Jhattonc | 2019年7月17日

Does anyone show 3k on the website it still shows 6k for me

davez69 | 2019年7月17日

Of course it is. The reason I forked over the $6K was because I knew it'd mean another price drop would be coming. You're welcome. :)

Jlomb436 | 2019年7月17日

Chip 3 would be nice but we don't know what the 3rd chip means in terms of functionality or experience. 10 x faster hardware doesn't always equate to a 10x better experience.

So if that means my car takes 4 seconds to switch lanes instead of 3, I don't view that as a $3000 value.

gballant4570 | 2019年7月17日

"So if that means my car takes 4 seconds to switch lanes instead of 3, I don't view that as a $3000 value."

Only a human would say such a thang.....

Resist | 2019年7月17日

When I bought my Model 3 back in December of 2018, I got EAP for $5k, then this year I got in on the $2k deal for FSD. But now I'm wishing I had waited on FSD because I really doubt regulators will approve it, even if the hardware and software are ready. It will be at least 5 years, probably 10 years before it's allowed. And by then I'll be wanting a new car.

mlatou | 2019年7月17日

So in the app, there is this notifications thing. They haven't used it so far. Would be nice to get a notification if something is changing with my car or there is a sale on a feature I don't own.

Still kinda concerned that I paid $5k for EAP and wasn't given the option for FSD, then two months later, they apparently offered AP for $2k and FSD for $3k and didn't auto-upgrade me, but instead thanked me for being an early supporter while attempting to charge me twice as much as those who bought it two months later. $3k would be at least semi-fair for those who bought it earlier I suppose.

vmulla | 2019年7月17日

Damn!! Tempted but will have to pass - balancing the budget puts a stop to my enthusiasm.
Excellent sale though.

salzbrun4 | 2019年7月18日

I'll only spring for FSD if the price is 2k or less. I should not have to pay more than the next guy. What is wrong with Elon's equitable meter. Needs recal! Plus the March offer was not sent out to customers. Tesla talks about being able to update the software for the car but they can't send out an E-mail to let "all" customers know about offers?
By the way where IS my new software still don't have 20.4.2 or 20.4.4??

mazers | 2019年7月18日

@salzbrun4, next time you fly ask those sitting around you how much they paid for their ticket, or ask other travelers what they paid for their hotel room. Tesla just makes what it charges so transparent that people get all worked up if they miss a sale.

M3phan | 2019年7月18日

@salzbrun4, Toyota never emailed me, one of its customers, when they dropped the price of the car we had...
...But that’s not how it works.
If you don’t get the $3K FSD option now, you are likely going to regret it later. Just my guess.

jjgunn | 2019年7月18日

I stayed at a hotel for 5 nights for free.

Guaranteed, other travelers who showed up paid for their rooms, especially the ones on the company dime.

Flights are even worse. The same seat in the same row can vary by as much as $500.00. sometimes more.....

Timing is everything. When buying a car, software, plane tix or hotel. Pretty much anything in life is usually about timing.

Hopefully I can get FSD for $3k.

Effopec | 2019年7月18日

Right now my screen still shows $6k. I'm not going to pull the trigger knowing it may be a hassle to get that $3k refunded. If the order screen changes I may go for it, but I haven't seen anything official that $3k is correct.

Bighorn | 2019年7月18日

The tweet was just a day or two ago. Takes time for site to catch up.

PhillyGal | 2019年7月18日

@M3BlueGeorgia
@Jhattonc
@Effopec

I called Tesla and they know the price should be $3k for those of us… but shows as $3k. You can wait and see if the site catches up, which I’m sure it will, but you can also make the purchase over the phone for $3k. I haven’t actually done it but on the phone I was told it can be done.

PhillyGal | 2019年7月18日

*but shows as $6k

donharvey2323 | 2019年7月18日

Still shows $6k... $5K for EAP + $6K for FSD is $11K for something that current buyers are paying $6K for. They should make it $1K for EAP holders.

Sideswipe | 2019年7月18日

I just spoke to sales at my local SC about the discount. The woman I spoke to said that she had another customer asking the same question and was in the process of tracking down the information. She had not seen Elon's tweet or anything else internally about the discount. I emailed her a copy of the tweet. We'll see what happens.

M3BlueGeorgia | 2019年7月18日

@Resist
You do get some FSD-related functions well before true FSD later this year and earlier next year if you have EAP.

@donharvey2323
I paid $5K for EAP in 2018, and can now add FSD for $3K for a total of $8K (whenever Telsa finish updating the pricing)
If I didn't have EAP, I could add AP for $3K and then add FSD to that for $6K for a total of $9K.
For new owners in most of 2019, AP was a mandatory option with an implied price of $2K, and they can add FSD for $6K for a total of $8K.

Pages