Forums

FSD working functionalities

FSD working functionalities

Does anyone know what exactly are the working functionalities of the FSD for the "S"? it seems to me that the "3" actually has more working FSD functionalities than the "S", my current software version is 24.4, never notice any FSD addons or improvements, even the "Summon" is still in beta and only does forward and backward, and the "lane change" still very abrupt and actually seem to speed up before coming back to the desired speed, don't dare to try anything without knowing if it works.

TeslaTap.com | 2019年7月29日

You don't say how old your S is. I find the existing portion of FSD works quite well for me on my 2016 S. Seems to have the same features as the Model 3. Not sure what feature you think is missing that the Model 3 has. I used lane change (on 24.4) a number of times yesterday and never found it abrupt. Perhaps smoother than I could do. Still there are many vehicle variants (75/90/100, RWD, AWD) such that one variant may have issues where another does not. Also vintage of the vehicle could be a factor (some with HW2.0, HW2.5, and now HW3.0).

EVRider | 2019年7月29日

FSD is only available on vehicles with HW2 or later, so I assume your S has that. At this time, there are no functional differences between FSD on the S, X, or 3, assuming all of them are on the same firmware version. All Autopilot features are still considered beta on all vehicles.

Charsiubao | 2019年7月29日

Sorry, mine is 18/75D... I do feel a little better working of the Auto pilot, comparing to 6 months ago, but, as far as the FSD, I really can't tell what they have working so far, and kind of hard to tell if it is the auto pilot function or the actual FSD, recently took it on a 3,100 mile trip from San Diego to Yellowstone swing by San Francisco before coming back to San Diego, the car was great, except that I could not really tell what the improvements are on the FSD, it all seemed to have merged with the auto pilot, don't know if I have the HW2 or HW1... wonder if Tesla will upgrade my hardware to work with the final FSD if my car needs it.

EVRider | 2019年7月30日

@Charsiubao: Since your 2018 car has EAP, the FSD option is not doing anything for you at this time. Someone with EAP and no FSD would have the same functionality. Your car has HW2.5, and you’ll get an upgrade to HW3 when FSD requires it.

Charsiubao | 2019年7月30日

@EVRider, thank you so much for the insight, the true is, I have not even tried, ever, to use the "self parking" that was supposed to have been working (?), just don't want to take any chances on damage other people's car, so guess I will have to wait for Tesla to officially announce the workability and confirmation from other Tesla owners of such...but it seems though Tesla always idealize and claim the workability of their intended software improvements that have yet to really perform, no disrespect there, I do think the car is way ahead of any other EVs and will be so for many years to come.

EVRider | 2019年7月30日

You can always try out self parking somewhere you can’t hit other cars or a curb, just to see how it works. All of these features are beta, but they work well enough if you pay attention and are careful. I suspect they will be called “beta” for quite a while longer, so if you’re waiting until they’re no longer beta before you use them, you might be waiting a long time.

steveg1701 | 2019年7月30日

@EVRider I thought autopark needed cars on each side of the parking space, doesn't read between the lines so to speak ;-) I know that is the case for HW1 cars, not sure about HW2+

raffidesigns | 2019年7月30日

@steveg1701 Yes. Autopark requires two cars on either side in order to park. Eventually any parking spot, but for now, two cars.

sldelta58 | 2019年7月30日

Is the red light and stop sign recognition active on FSD?

EVRider | 2019年7月30日

I believe Autopark needs cars on both sides for perpendicular parking, but not parallel parking, and that was true even for AP1.

Bill_75D | 2019年7月31日

@sldelta - No