Forums

FSD Demo, pretty amazing

FSD Demo, pretty amazing

Posted by Joshan on another thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlThdr3O5Qo

jimglas | 2019年8月8日

well, I was impressed

EVRider | 2019年8月8日

Yes, it's impressive, but that video has been out for a while so we've all seen it (except you apparently :-)

jimglas | 2019年8月8日

I didnt realize that coud already be done
makes me think that elon saying FSD will be ready to roll out next year might not be a pipe dream

jimglas | 2019年8月8日

I didnt realize that coud already be done
makes me think that elon saying FSD will be ready to roll out next year might not be a pipe dream

EVRider | 2019年8月8日

If I recall correctly, that demo was using a special FSD development build. Our cars can’t do that yet. As always, the devil is in the details.

Mike83 | 2019年8月8日

Just like our M3 which is the same hardware and updates; people will have their eyes opened and the fudsters will die.

andy.connor.e | 2019年8月9日

Its no surprise that Tesla is further ahead of the game than people think. Perfect for Tesla if you ask me. The best thing for them if everyone thinks they're not as far along as they really are.

Techy James | 2019年8月9日

Yes that is a great demo, but I think when FSD is released, we will need to find something better to do with our hands than resting them on our knees.
One Thing to note here, as impressive as that looks, it's still one set loop. Passenger gets in the car, the car drives preset loop between points and passenger gets out. The only real addition to what we already have with NoAP, is the City part. Likely at this point that capability is limited to Geofencing where they have detailed information on lights and stop signs. This is less impressive than what we will need for FSD. IE the edge cases to identify both Stop Sign and Stop lights.
Then we have edge cases with items like: Stop light out where the light goes from Green to Yellow then blank because the red light is out. Another edge case either a prankster or drunk takes out a stop sign for intersection.

andy.connor.e | 2019年8月9日

How about instances where the roads are 30 years old and you can barely see the lines?

rdalcanto | 2019年8月9日

How about they roll out the part of the demo that doesn't constantly do phantom braking for no reason. I love autopilot, but having to cover the accelerator so I can over ride phantom braking at random times is annoying.

JustSaying | 2019年8月9日

"How about instances where the roads are 30 years old and you can barely see the lines?
Agreed If roads ever had lines they need to be maintained if not these areas should be a no FSD zones.
Simple fix , maintain the lines on these roads or using GPS put them in a no FSD status.
We spent some time this summer in a rural area on Long Island with tight roads that only let one car pass at a time.
You had to pull over and let the other car pass. Roads like this will not be FSD zones for a while.
I am OK with that.

SamO | 2019年8月9日

I've driven 40k miles on HW2 between my two Model 3s. Tesla is about to shock the world.

V10 is going to be epic. And we don't need simultaneous worldwide Level 5 automation. That's a FAKE GOAL.

When Tesla can turn on Level 4 in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, OC . . . they will need a bigger bank to hold all the money they will be printing.

Honestly, who gives a flying fart if it takes 2 more years in North Dakota during a blizzard.

99% of the population will be able to use the service. Just like the original Supercharger Network.

It didn't cover everyone, but it covered 99% of the trips.

Same with Tesla Network.

China, Japan, Oz, Canada, Europe . . . wash, rinse, and repeat.

jimglas | 2019年8月11日

FWIW, My car handled a curvy mountain road that had been reently resurfaced and had NO MARKINGS
I kept very close supervision, but the car drove that segment on NoAP without problem

jimglas | 2019年8月11日

FWIW, My car handled a curvy mountain road that had been reently resurfaced and had NO MARKINGS
I kept very close supervision, but the car drove that segment on NoAP without problem

liaochun92 | 2019年8月15日

That's really impressive! AI and machine learning is a really interesting topic. Many companies offer such service, CHI, for example https://chisw.com/machine-learning.