Forums

V10 New Feature List

V10 New Feature List

https://twitter.com/tesla_truth/status/1177192471438053381

Cuphead - Tesla Edition
Smart Summon (Beta)
Tesla Theater
Netflix, Tesla Tutorials, and apparently can send compatible links to the app)
Spotify
I assume we'll still get to use the Tesla account in the UK?
Caraoke
Feeling Lucky or Hungry
Maps Improvements
Shows distance to search results
Mobile App
Max defrost
Vent windows
Dashcam Improvements
Records rear cameras too
Sentry Mode Improvements
Joe Mode
Driving Visualisation
Automatic Lane Change
Software Update Improvements
Shows progress and more info (shows progress in app too)
Bluetooth Media Improvements
ALBUM ART! 48KHz! Maybe it will support more profiles?
Application Launcher
Driver Profile

booshtukka | 2019年9月26日

Sorry. I tried to format this better, but the forum hates me.

Bill_75D | 2019年9月26日

I'm interested in how many of these features show up on my AP2 MCU1 "full self driving" Model S.

Not many, I'll bet.

Orion | 2019年9月26日

Bill...I have the same situation in my future "FSD" 2017 AP2.0 MCU1 Model S... Got mine just a little too early, I suppose

jfemd.va.us | 2019年9月26日

Vent windows? With the app or key fob?

ATCRomes | 2019年9月26日

App. You can close (if left fully/partially open) or vent the windows. Similar to pano roof controls, for those familiar.

AIA304 | 2019年9月26日

Air conditioning purge mode Location based; 5 mins from home turn off AC and purge duct system with fans to help prevent ‘bad air’ smell next time.

Bet Model 3 folks would LOVE this.

Our previous 5 series BMW had this problem too, which required us to run fan before stopping car with AC off to help stop the smell.

jfemd.va.us | 2019年9月26日

Story this evening reports that the Tesla blog saying that this will start getting pushed to owners “soon.”

jordanrichard | 2019年9月26日

So in other words, V10 is seemingly a MCU2 update only.

Ohmster | 2019年9月26日

How have we concluded that?

viper4ko | 2019年9月26日

Spoiler: Video, web browser, cuphead not in MCU 1 cars. Venting windows only a model 3 feature

PrescottRichard | 2019年9月26日

I was thinking venting windows would be a good feature for any car without a sunroof.

booshtukka | 2019年9月26日

Pretty sure my friend’s e-Golf closes the windows when it’s raining and she’s not in it. That’s clever.

akikiki | 2019年9月27日

Where is the Text to Speech/Speech to text feature that we have been told would be in V10? Didn't see it on the list on in the Electrek report.

Ohmster | 2019年9月28日

We have a 2017 S and X. Both on MCU1 and AP2.5:

Cuphead - Tesla Edition
*Not on either
Smart Summon (Beta)
*On both
Tesla Theater
*Not on either. Says can forward movies from Mobile App, but there is no Theater feature on our cars.
Spotify
*On both. Signed in. Beautiful!
Caraoke
*Ah, did not notice?
Feeling Lucky or Hungry
*On both
Maps Improvements
*Not tried. But on release notes
Shows distance to search results
*Not tried. But on release notes
Mobile App
Max defrost
*On both
Vent windows
*On X only
Dashcam Improvements
*On both (used a previously full flash drive)
Records rear cameras too
*Not tried. But on release notes.
Sentry Mode Improvements
Joe Mode
*On both
Driving Visualisation
Automatic Lane Change
Software Update Improvements
*Not trie. But on release notes.
Bluetooth Media Improvements
*Not tried
ALBUM ART! 48KHz! Maybe it will support more profiles?
*Not tried
Application Launcher
*Not tried
Driver Profile
*On both

So our big loss is Theater. I could not care less about CupHeads.

Tropopause | 2019年9月28日

Time for MCU2 upgrades for everyone interested.

lharris9 | 2019年9月28日

I have a Model S with HW 2 and MCU 1. I am assuming when FSD requires HW3 Tesla will upgrade my car to HW3 (I already purchased FSD). I am assuming that they don't upgrade to MCU 2. Is that a valid assumption?
thanks

Tropopause | 2019年9月28日

That's what I've been lead to believe. I'm in the same boat as you.

inconel | 2019年9月28日

Model X AP 2.0 & MCU 1, just installed V10 software 2019.32.11:
We have Spotify, and vent window (X)
No Netflix, Hulu etc. because MCU 1
No Smart Summon because AP 1 (we have FSD)

inconel | 2019年9月28日

Regarding MCU 2 upgrade I think it is about $3k, and is indeed independent of HW 3 upgrade which is free for FSD.

inconel | 2019年9月28日

Sorry I meant no Smart Summon because AP 2.0, not AP 1

steveg1701 | 2019年9月28日

I have smart summon on my AP2.0. I had read somewhere that V10 was supposed to have voice texting but didn't see it in the release notes. Am I missing something?

inconel | 2019年9月28日

@steveg1701 interesting, where do you see Smart Summon? And are you sure you have AP 2.0 not 2.5?

lharris9 | 2019年9月28日

Make sure you have the latest app. On the main app screen it will say "Come to Me", and on the summon screen, there will be a symbol on the center of the roof. If you select it you can pick where the car will go to within a certain radius.

steveg1701 | 2019年9月28日

@inconel my car is a 3/17 build, definitely 2.0! make sure you have the latest version of the app, then click on summon. You should see the picture of the car with the forward and reverse buttons on the top and bottom with a smart summon button on the roof.

inconel | 2019年9月28日

Mea culpa! I do have Smart Summon. I did not see it because my car was charging. I disconnected the charging cable and I can now see "Come to me" on the main screen and the smart summon button in the roof.
Thank you! I was sad not to have smart summon.

viv827 | 2019年9月28日

No vent / remote control windows on Model S?

Nikki's Dad | 2019年9月29日

Found this helpful chart on reddit regarding what cars get what features of V10. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nylK2ht5boVfbDiDX-vdeA4AK-8u0TGt...

redacted | 2019年9月29日

Best feature is that TACC no longer accelerates like a Yugo with bad rings. It now achieves Prius-class acceleration.

EVRider | 2019年9月30日
Chuckben99 | 2019年9月30日

I have a 2018 MS 75D. With V10 I can’t log in to my Spotify account. Do I need aPremium account?

inconel | 2019年9月30日

Yes you need premium Spotify account

Rawlins Street | 2019年10月6日

The Tesla documentation of the Ver 10 feature list referenced by EVRider is useless - he/she's right: the list is there but many of the features do not apply to MANY of the Tesla's currently on the road - but you wouldn't know that from the Tesla info. The information referenced by Nikki's Dad is VERY helpful. I don't like some of the answers, but at least there's useful information. Tesla should publish this type of info when they do a "big" update.

peter | 2019年10月6日

V10 is tantalisingly close but not within reach over most of Europe. Cars over here need to conform to the UN/ECE r79 regulations. An excellent youtube video can be seen at https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-autopilot-europe-restrictions-explained-...
which explains why many of the advanced features are either rendered unusable or just banned altogether. Put it this way, in my experience the only functions that are not affected in any material way is the TACC system and the stay in lane autopilot, everything else is either banned or required to be modified to the point that in the real world it is unsafe or alarming to use! I think it is about time that the national / regional governments got their act together and agreed a global standard rather then let human drivers continue wreaking carnage in the time honoured way.

Daisy the Road ... | 2019年10月6日

The global auto market has always been like this. Countries put up barriers to protect local manufacturers. It is drivers who end up suffering with a lack of choice. For example, the US uses headlight regulations to block European cars. Our headlights are actually worse, but different enough that outside manufacturers have to make yet another version.

marika.appell | 2019年10月6日

The Tesla model S now has many versions depending on build date. The V10 update list provided ONLY works on the newer models. My car was manufactured in June 2017 and does not have the capability for many features. It certainly cannot play YouTube or any other videos. However, I did not buy this car for video entertainment. Smart phones do a much better job. The new summon features are a novelty. What about improvements to FSD and NOA? My tests on I95 in Florida show NO improvements to those functions. It still has problems navigating lane changes and exiting the interstate. Please focus on things that are important.
It would be nice to be able to distinguish the model differences based on production month. All the forums, newsletters, etc. that float around the internet provide confusing information. Tesla is not like other cars that can evaluate model years. The model S has been around so long that we must have a dozen different versions. Perhaps it is time for Musk to stop building the S.

EVRider | 2019年10月6日

Tesla should stop building the S because there are too many versions? Please explain that logic.

akikiki | 2019年10月6日

YEAH, What EVRider said. And take it another step. @marika.appell, how does stopping the building of the Model S solve your issue with your '17 won't do sometings?

marika.appell | 2019年10月6日

Tesla does not have year identification of capabilities as with other cars. Software is one thing but hardware changes are not identified as to when they were implemented. They appear to be randomly installed on new cars. My idea of dropping the S was to provide a clean slate.

How does the used car buyer of a model S identify what hardware he is getting and what he is not getting versus a new S?

TeslaTap.com | 2019年10月6日

@marika - You are ulikely to be aware, but all automakers make changes all the time - not just model years. Hardware changes are common in production due to cost, availability, reliability, supporting multiple sources, and I'm sure many other reasons. These are rarely documented either. Not saying that's ideal, but it's what all automakers do. Few owners realize this since once they buy a non-Tesla, they never go back and see what changes.

Tesla is a bit different in providing software updates with new features. Clearly the newest cars benefit most, but my 2016 got a batch of nice features with V10 too. If you hate change, just don't load new software updates.