Forums

Another excellent service experience—Tempe drop in

Another excellent service experience—Tempe drop in

Driving from NC to CA this week, I knew my window regulator was going on my driver’s door, so I’d avoided lowering it. Came to an Immigration checkpoint in NM yesterday, fortunately after a torrential downpour, and cracked the window as I approached the guard. Window proceeded to go all the way down and wouldn’t raise, so I drove like that to the next SC. Fortunately, it was about 20 degrees cooler than TX had been earlier approaching triple digits.

I called service from Deming and talked to the folks in SLC and they suggested I stop at the next service center on my route. I did persevere and manage to get the window up inch by inch with a bit of grinding, so I didn’t have to contend with weathering the drive or overnight wide open. Looked on the nav and it was too late to make service hours anywhere.

Made my way to the Tempe service center for their opening this morning. They took me right in and I was back on the road within 90 minutes. Of course, you always meet someone cool in the lobby and Macy appreciated the nap.

Kudos to Tempe, again. It’s actually the second time I’ve pit stopped there on a cross country trip and they’ve always been super accommodating, as have all the other random service centers I’ve popped in on.

SamO | 2019年10月5日

How much did the regulator set you back?

Bighorn | 2019年10月5日

Installed, it was about $350.

SamO | 2019年10月5日

6 year old car with 270k+ miles with a $350 repair. Not bad.

Bighorn | 2019年10月5日

It was out of warranty.

NKYTA | 2019年10月5日

Lol

AZGLFR | 2019年10月5日

The Temp Service Center has always provided me with excellent service ! Never left me disappointed ....

Shesmyne2 | 2019年10月5日

No more paying tolls through the back window!

Still Grinning ;-)

sbeggs | 2019年10月6日

@Bighorn,
Nice! Any snow in Montana or Wyoming?

thranx | 2019年10月6日

I've also always had excellent service at the North Scottsdale service center. Whoever is supervising the Arizona service centers knows what they're doing.

Bighorn | 2019年10月7日

@sbeggs
I got out of Dodge when I saw the weather forecast two weeks ago. Northern MT got 4 feet. By report, we had snow at our house that didn’t persist and chilly temps. The heat has been pretty intense across TX and the desert S for this tome of year. The hot asphalt has been a challenge for Macy so we headed up into the mountains of Angeles NF today.

Yes, NKYTA. Less shame is good.

Bighorn | 2019年10月7日

Sorry, shesmyne2. I get you guys mixed up sometimes:)

OurTesla | 2019年10月7日

As a new Tesla owner ('14 MS P85+) it's pleasant to read good experiences with the Tempe Service Center. They're growing leaps and bounds (delivery center moving from Tempe to expanded space in Scottsdale...) and it's exciting to ride the Tesla wave. Thanks for the positivity!