Forums

loud rumbling noise from front passenger door

loud rumbling noise from front passenger door

I have been hearing loud rumbling noises that just started a few days ago coming form my front passenger door. It happens over small bumps. I looked closely at the door and can not see anything wrong. I only got the car this past September 2019 so its very new. Anyone have and idea what it might be. I made and appointment with service for next week but was hoping some one here may know of a easy fix.

gballant4570 | 2019年11月3日

Fart mode?

Lonestar10_1999 | 2019年11月3日

Maybe the power window hardware is damaged. Only a trained mechanic at the SC will be able to troubleshoot it.

Bighorn | 2019年11月3日

Make sure the interior piece hasn’t come loose.

LA-M3Performance | 2019年11月5日

@smokemac - I also bought my car in September and it was produced in September. I started hearing noises from the front passenger side just yesterday. I thought my wife put something on the door storage area, but there was nothing there. I have not been able to figure out where the noise is coming from. If you take in for service, please let me know the solution.

mwindeler | 2019年11月5日

Interesting. I picked up my Model 3 on Sept 30 and my front passenger door has a rattle whenever I hit the slightest bump in the road. Any passenger in the car mentions it - just yesterday asked me if i knew there was a rattle in the door. Wow...maybe there’s a defect? I’m not confident this will be addressed well with Tesla service.

RedShift | 2019年11月5日

OP,

Take it to service, may be a part is loose inside the door panel. It’s not too hard to take the door panel off, but the car is under warranty anyway, so...

goddesavatar | 2019年11月5日

I hear same loud noise front passenger side,too. I had recorded couple videos when i was driving on road.I feel this sound from dashboard like AC or speaker,not the door but I’m not sure. It’s so annoying me when i am driving,I can’t concentrate to road.i will wait new software update if doesn’t work then i will go to SC.

LA-M3Performance | 2019年11月7日

I figured out the issue with the rattling I was hearing on the passenger side. It was coming from the front passenger seat. If the passenger seat's lumbar section is at a steep angle - let's say close to 90 degrees, it makes a terrible noise. If you adjust the seat back a bit - let's say 100-110 degrees, there is no noise whatsoever. This adjustment saved me from taking the car in to the Service Center and the agony of listening to all that rattling. I'm a happy camper again!!! Hope your rattling is also related to this issue as it is a simple fix. Good luck!

RedPillSucks | 2019年11月8日

Is your window down? When the windows are rolled down, they rattle inside the door