Forums

Home Link Installed

Home Link Installed

Got home link installed yesterday and while it was uneventful, it was interesting to see the front area with the frunk removed. The Mobile Ranger removed the the frunk, disconnected something from under the pass side rear seat and partially removed the front bumper.

Took him about 45 minutes total but a portion of that was him fighting with the sensor and trying to get it attached to the bumper.

Cruddy image with the frunk removed for those who've not seen what's under there....

https://i.postimg.cc/pTQ4g64K/IMG-0024.jpg

After installed setup was easy and everything paired up 1st try.. He told me auto open and close is hit and miss and that anything further than 30 feet is problematic for most...

I set mine to 30 feet with auto mirror fold so I guess I'll see how it does.

I did have an update waiting but it updated to the same firmware I have now. He said that's normal and the update just adds Home Link...

rdk | 2019年11月8日

Hi!

How long did it take for you to order/receive the home link board? I didnt realize that the m3 did not come with HomeLink so I ordered the board two weeks ago. Still waiting for receive notice that the board has arrived at SC.

Thanks,

Bobby

dave | 2019年11月8日

I ordered the HomeLink when I ordered the car, along with other accessories.
I received most of the accessories within a week. After 2 weeks, I still had not received any updates on the HomeLink. I called service and they said that it was ready at the service center, I just had to schedule a service appointment from the app.
I think that the best way to get the HomeLink installed is to schedule the service appointment as soon as you order it.

When you do have the unit installed, note that it requires a software update. That update is pushed to your car, which could take a while. In my case, I still had not received it the next day, so I called the service guy and he said he'd re-request the push. The software update was installed later that day. I followed the instructions to program the HomeLink with the garage door remote, and it all worked fine.

rdh37 | 2019年11月8日

Had Homelink as a default when I bought my 2019 LR AWD back in February. Set it up, along with geo-fenced mirrors when that became available. Has worked flawlessly since day one. The only issue is sometimes the auto-open/close will work when I do not want it to. In other words, sometimes I forget to hit the cancel when I do not need the garage door to open/close. Love this feature. Have a nice day.

gmr6415 | 2019年11月8日

My (auto) HomeLink is set to the max, which I believe is 100', and it works every time for my gate and my garage door.

Thrillion | 2019年11月8日

1st 3 came with Homelink and I honestly thought that it came with the premium interior. It doesn't now for those who don't know.
I ordered another P3D and requested that it be installed with Homelink at delivery.
Sales Rep told me I would need to request it after I received a VIN.
No VIN yet so who knows....

Syed.Hosain | 2019年11月8日

@raqball "I set mine to 30 feet with auto mirror fold so I guess I'll see how it does."

I use the GPS location-based auto-fold rather than the HomeLink setting ... works fine too.

FWIW, I have not yet set up the door auto-open, and need to experiment with that. I have found that the screen "button" works over 70 feet away. So, it should be fine at 30 feet, I would think?

raqball | 2019年11月8日

rdk | November 8, 2019
Hi!

How long did it take for you to order/receive the home link board? I didnt realize that the m3 did not come with HomeLink so I ordered the board two weeks ago. Still waiting for receive notice that the board has arrived at SC.

Thanks,

Bobby
-----------------------------------------
About 2 weeks from order to install....

raqball | 2019年11月8日

gmr6415 | November 8, 2019
My (auto) HomeLink is set to the max, which I believe is 100', and it works every time for my gate and my garage door.
-------------
Good to know, thanks... Yeah 30 feet is not cutting the mustard as mine never starts opening until I am a few feet away.. I'll adjust it outward and see how it does.

Auto close has worked every single time so far though...