Forums

No SEARCH feature, so: Adding automatic trunk opener

No SEARCH feature, so: Adding automatic trunk opener

At least two aftermarket vendors sell a power trunk kit that opens the trunk or closes it. They interface with the Tesla systems somehow, so that when you press the OPEN button on the screen or on the app, or on the fob, the trunk opens and the hatch extends. They also offer a 'trunk' button you can install in addition to the car's software, and a foot switch so that you could open the trunk without playing with your phone in a parking lot.

The function is available from Tesla on other models, so I wonder also if that hardware and software is transferable to the Model 3.

Anyone have experience with these kits or with adapting other Tesla hardware to the Model 3?

=============

Patronus | 2019年11月10日

There is a search feature via Google. For example: automatic trunk site:forums.tesla.com

MAB1980 | 2019年11月10日

“ They interface with the Tesla systems somehow, so that when you press the OPEN button on the screen or on the app, or on the fob, the trunk opens and the hatch extends.”

I doubt that. Seems more likely to me that they’re always putting a little pre-load on the panel and when you press open, since the latch is disengaged, it opens. They can probably sense the motion and increase the load accordingly.