Forums

Latest version - scheduled departure problem

Latest version - scheduled departure problem

I’ve got the latest update and have logged a case with Tesla. I can’t find how to enforce start charge at a particular time and to ensure charging is within the cheap window and that cabin heating doesn’t come on whenever scheduled charging is set.

I need the car to charge and complete in the early hours of the morning 7 days a week and then pre-heat now and again. Really worried that the latest update has messed up what I need.

Start charge seems to be linked to scheduled departure and pre-heat. What am I missing??

andy | 2019年11月12日

I think I _might_ have figured it out. Scheduled departure has three options - off, start only and depart at. They are mutually exclusive (I think).

It’s confusing because the start option shows the depart at options greyed out underneath. Will test it tonight, but still concerned....

It would be easier if pre-conditioning were a separate option or we could set our cheap rates.

I also can’t remember where to set the charging location.

jvcesare | 2019年11月12日

Can this option be used to pre-cool the car when at work and not plugged in? I'm turning the A/C on manually every weekday before I leave work. My old LEAF had scheduled heating/cooling, which I used everyday. It's the one feature I miss.

andy | 2019年11月12日

There are several features I miss from the Leaf. The simple way the charge timer works, simple options for departure and variable speed limiter are the big ones,

barry.importpartners | 2019年11月19日

I have the same issue , I dont want to preheat the cabin every time , but I do want to be able to restrict the charging times to off peak. With my car it will start to charge immediately if the battery will not be fully charged within the time window I set. so if I plug the car in at tea time and set charging after midnight until 7am it just starts charging right away ! so far I dont see this changed feature as an improvement . Good idea badly implemented it seems

M3phan | 2019年11月20日

Don’t select departure time charging option. If you want to charge within a window, select the option to start your charge at a certain time.

For cabin preconditioning, heat or cool, right now the only only is to manually activate from the app. I have found though that the cabin gets to the desired temp in literally under 4-5 minutes.

M3phan | 2019年11月20日

Only only-only one

kevin_rf | 2019年11月20日

And this is why this feature is currently a miss. Beyond complying with an individuals TOU, part of the reason to have a flexible time is so the battery is warm as possible. If you set it to start when your TOU begins, often your car will finish at 2 or 3am. The result in the battery cold soaking for 5 or 6 hours. A less than ideal situation in colder climates.

The team that implemented the feature did not have a clear understanding of the needs of owners in colder climates.

Let me set the target time to finish charging (not 6am) and keep the stupid environmental controls off.

WW_spb | 2019年11月20日

So much bitching . Set your own time, manually active heater or ac as needed. Daaaaaa

Iwantmy3 | 2019年11月20日

Is the cabin preheat supposed to work on days where the car is not plugged in? So far it seems to work great on days where the car is plugged in but doesn't turn on for mornings where the car was not plugged in.

alisse | 2019年11月20日

I was doing a lot of what is described with Tasker and the Tesla app as neeed. No so much now as the new departure feature covers 90% of my personal use-case. Just offering the phone-based automation options as another way to enhance some of the customization desired in the OP.