Forums

Phone key working with iPad?

Phone key working with iPad?

Just received my first ever iPad that I just set up as a portable ultrasound for work and I was quite impressed that just by having my iPhone near, transferred all the data and with the iCloud backup, made an exact copy of my iPhone on it.

Now I see the Tesla app as being an iPhone sized app when I open it on my iPad but it seems to be 100% working.

Has anyone ever set up his/her iPad as phone key with Bluetooth connectivity.

Before going outside in the cold, I felt like pinging the forums for someone who has experience with that.

Thanks

gparrot | 2019年12月10日

Though I constantly use my iPad inside my home, I’ve never tried connecting it to the car as a key. That being said, the app does say "phone-key connected to Model 3" or words to that effect - I’m translating on the go.

gparrot | 2019年12月10日

If that’s what yours says too, no need to go out in the cold to try it out. :-)

EVRider | 2019年12月11日

No reason why it shouldn’t work, but haven’t tried it.

gparrot | 2019年12月11日

Maxxer, have you tried your iPad yet? Have you been successful?

FactDoc | 2019年12月11日

Yes configured it today after work with the keycard and it works exactly like my iPhone

It means I can just travel with my iPad and forget my iPhone without any problem now

Good news

Devilstower | 2019年12月11日

I've used my iPad for audio in the car, as I had some Podcasts already downloaded there and didn't want to bother transferring them, making duplicates. It paired up and worked just fine.

Did not try to make the iPad behave as a key.