Forums

Setting charge time from the app

Setting charge time from the app

I want to set my car to charge from 80-90% starting at lets say 8am. Why do I need to go out to me freezing garage and wake the car up to do this? With all the OTAs we've gotten this should have been added to the app by now!

Rant/vent over :)

Hopefully added soon. Have to imagine its on their radar.

jefjes | 2019年12月12日

You can start the car charging from the app right away but you can't schedule or change the schedule from the app. They just recently gave the ability to schedule the charging to be completed at a specific departure time but that does still require you to set it up in the car. I don't see either of these being a big deal if you know when you are leaving the next day, you can just put that into the car before you get out and plugin. You have only affected if the scheduled departure time changes, then you'd have to go out or just start the car charging from inside the house from the app yourself. I agree that the feature of being able to change the schedule from the app would be a nice addition but I'm happy they finally added the features they have since othe EVs already had those capabilities.

Mike UpNorth_ | 2019年12月12日

@jef

I get all that. But there are times I don't want to wake up in the morning and start charging so the wifey can leave with a warm battery.

Sparky | 2019年12月12日

Why don't you just set a charge time and then have your wife precondition the car when she gets up?

Wifey doesn't mess with the app.

10pm last night she says, I think I'll take Ronnie tomorrow morning.
I would love to set charge time for 8am from 80-90% to warm the battery for her....From the couch....not have to go upstairs, put on shoes, jacket, etc.....I don't think its an unreasonable request!

jefjes | 2019年12月12日

@Mike UpNorth_

Then you set it for the departure time before you get out of the car the night before. Maybe I'm missing something as to why that's not possible. It will not only have the car charged but you can set it to have it warmed/cooled off too.

When I get home I don't know the wifey is taking the car in the morning before I get up.

jefjes | 2019年12月12日

Oh wait...you said wife...one of those creatures that constantly changes her mind and schedule just to drive us insane...;-)

exactly! but I love her and want her to have a warm battery and regen! even though I think she could care less (keeps it in chill)

gparrot | 2019年12月12日

Besides, the app has noting to do with the car’s OTA. It will have to be addressed by the app developers and sent as an update to your phone.
Nevertheless, I’m with Mike. Forgetting to set the car up on arrival means I have to trudge in the snow to get to the car and do the things I need to do to the car.

jefjes | 2019年12月12日

I agree on it would be a nice feature and hope Elon is listening but catching him when he's tweeting would probably stand a better chance.

gparrot | 2019年12月12日

Needs not be addressed to EM directly, I’m hoping one of the app programmers is reading on this forum.

I have to believe its on their radar. Enough owners this winter requesting....We'll see. I'm optimistic it'll get added.

kevin_rf | 2019年12月12日

I'm just interest in a settable finish charging by time with out it turning on the stupid environmental controls.

Pg3ibew | 2019年12月12日

My Ford Fusion PHEV had an App. And the app was very similar to the Tesla App. Certain charging functions, setting the time to start and similar stuff, were not available. It was frustrating at times. I actually sent an email to Tesla to see if anything could be done to rectify the aituation.

gmr6415 | 2019年12月12日

@kevin_rf, +1 Me too and also being able to set a departure time past 6:00 am. You can set it after 6:00 am, but say you set it at 8:00 am it will complete the charge at 6:00 (because of rate increases that I don't have) and it will then condition the cabin too. When you have no rate change the "set departure time" is useless if you want to do a full charge before departing on a trip after 6:00 am.

As far as the OP's question, I've set it to charge to 80% overnight and then about an hour before leaving in the morning change the desired charge limit to 90% from the app. You can also use the app to set an cabin temp at the same time.

Jordan2Delta | 2019年12月12日

I no rarely use the Tesla application. Best $20 you’ll spend. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/stats-for-tesla-model-s-x-3/id1191100729. Does all you’re asking for and more.

Jordan2Delta | 2019年12月12日

I rarely use the Tesla application. Best $20 you’ll spend. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/stats-for-tesla-model-s-x-3/id1191100729. Does all you’re asking for and more.