Forums

update: Dragy for Christmas details! Accurate Performance Before and after uncorking tests?

update: Dragy for Christmas details! Accurate Performance Before and after uncorking tests?

I’m very interested in spending the money to uncork my dual motor. Is that what we’re calling it? Uncorking?
Before doing so, I would like to know exactly what my current performance is. As others have posted, I have received two free over the air software updates to increase power by 5% in the last six months. Tesla.com still shows my configuration rated at 4.4.

What accurate devices are you using to analyze 0 to 60 and quarter-mile? I don’t have access to a dragstrip.

It’s a little silly to try and test or do the upgrade now, as it’s below freezing most days and I am on my snow tires.

FWIW, I recommend this type of testing be done “off road,“ and resisting the urge to take the bait from BMWs and Mustangs challenging Tesla owners at stoplights. Pedestrians and bicyclists can pop out at the most inopportune times.

Update! Here we go: I have NOT upgraded Acceleration.
Dragy in Hardware FSD Dual Motor. 2019.40.50.1 12K miles on odo.
5100’ altitude. 42°F. Michelin Ice X with <2K miles from new, 18”, Aeros on.
Divided Highway. No traffic. 65mph posted limit. Starting in right turn/merge lane. Damp asphalt and shoulder detritus (some gravel, etc.)
50% SOC, battery warm. (No regen dots.)
Best of 4 runs. 3.85 seconds 0-60.

Taking into account the winter tires, slightly wet and trashy surface, and 50% SOC, I am rather pleased to beat the Tesla.com listed 4.4 seconds. There was noticeable slippage, but I did not see the yellow traction light.

landoncube | 2019年12月20日

BTW, I have tried BIT.LY/0260TEST In my P3D. I just haven’t felt like it was accurate. For example, several dry runs showed 0 to 60 times in the high fours in the performance Model 3.

landoncube | 2019年12月20日

While on the topic, has anyone experimented with turning on Slip start mode for performance tests?

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年12月20日

While I have not used it myself there are people using an app called dragy for that sort of thing.

lbowroom | 2019年12月20日

Slip start will not increase your performance. High 4's are nowhere near representative of a Performance model 3 unless you are on a frozen lake bed. your butt dyno should be flashing red if your car is that slow. Take it in for service to check if they forgot to install your front motor.

landoncube | 2019年12月21日

This looks like the Dragy option. Hardware for testing. I’m putting it on my Christmas list.
I shall report back. Thanks for the responses and ideas.

http://dragyperformance.com/

landoncube | 2019年12月25日

Dragy test update! See above.

jebinc | 2019年12月25日

Enjoy!

jebinc | 2019年12月25日

Need strong GPS signal for Dragy. VBox is less sensitive and tends to be more accurate is weak GSP signal areas, or I I've read.

landoncube | 2019年12月25日

Anyone else have a Dragy? Where have you mounted it?

KeithM | 2019年12月25日

An easy mounting location is the cup holder between the front seats.

landoncube | 2019年12月25日

Thank you.
I can’t believe how compact the unit is! Looks much larger online.

KeithM | 2019年12月25日

The Dragy works well. You might want to read up on how using the "1 ft roll" effects the 0 to 60 times as opposed to not using it. On the 3P+ to get the time to 3.2 seconds, Tesla uses 1 ft roll which gives a faster time.

jebinc | 2019年12月25日

Many stick the Dragy unit on the windshield to ensure good GPS signal.

landoncube | 2019年12月27日

Really good luck here with this dragy unit. No satellite connections issues at all. I can put it anywhere. Cupholder, console, map pockets in the door, now I just throw it in the glove compartment and charge it occasionally.

ekcanzano | 2020年5月5日

What is a good source for learning how to use the Dragy App? It seems very intuitive but I don't know how to delete unwanted video clips I see in Dragy. Most of the YouTube stuff I see are mostly unboxing reviews. It is amazing how much of the Dragy App is intuitive.