Submitted by Pg3ibew on Fri, 2019-12-27 09:25
I own my Model 3 SR+ since October 17, 2019. I wanted to tell all of you about my charging habits. Let me know what you think.
I rarely charge at home because electrons are free at work.
I drive to work on Monday and plug in after a weekend of driving and not charging. I am usually around 50 percent. I have a 240v j1772 charger at work that is a bit quirky. It does not always get the car to 90 percent.
Drive home and plug in, but lower the charge in the car to below where my charge point is. Just to have the car Conditioned for Tuesday.
Then I follow the same routine all week. Rarely getting to 90 percent charge.
Slowly, day after day, it will get closer to 90 percent.
1. Monday start charging @50percent and go to 75
2. Tuesady start charging @60 and go to 80
3. Wed start back at 50 because I was out and about and get to 75.
4. Thurs start at 65 and charge to 85.
5. Friday start at 75 and charge to 90-100 percent.
6. Drive all weekend without charging and start all over Monday morning.
I obviously drive when I get home during the week. Errands abd stuff like taking the BOSS to the stores and stuff of that nature. Lol
Occasionally, I will let it charge to 100 percent on Friday at work, knowing that I will do extra driving over the weekend.
I will only charge on the weekends if needed.