Forums

Mustang Mach-e

Mustang Mach-e

Ford’s dealership claims 100 orders for Mustang Mach-E in Tesla’s backyard

100 orders! Better hire a third shift at the factory! :)

https://electrek.co/2020/01/02/fords-dealership-claims-100-orders-for-mu...

M3phan | 2020年1月2日

Production hell!!!!

Pg3ibew | 2020年1月2日

That is one dealership. There are 3000 Ford Dealerships across the country. I am not saying every dealer has a hundred orders. But.....

M3phan | 2020年1月2日

Ok, maybe just Production heck then.,.

jordanrichard | 2020年1月2日

Snoooze. While I think it’s great that Ford has come out with an EV, they are following the usual hype playbook by saying that all of it’s first edition Mach-e’s are spoken for. Great!!!, how many cars is that?

gballant4570 | 2020年1月2日

Ford says that their reservations are full. That means 50k max.

Pg3ibew | 2020年1月2日

I think it is great that they may have 50k reservations. I think it is great they are jumping into the EV market.

jordanrichard | 2020年1月2日

Gballant4570, I can’t remember where I saw it, but Ford was very carefully in their wording when it came to announcing “reservations are full”. They didn’t say one whole year’s production was sold/reserved. They said that all First Editions are spoken for and that regular production is capped at 50K. That doesn’t mean that there will be 50K “First Editions”.

CharleyBC | 2020年1月2日

I wish them every success. The more EVs on the market and ultimately on the road, the better it is for all of us.

gballant4570 | 2020年1月2日

jordanrichard, I also saw the same regarding the 50k. But the previous statement I saw regarding production was lower, 40k, when t he Mach e was first announced. I read that was the number designated for the first year's production. I am, however, relying on my memory on this. I've learned that it is not as trustworthy as I used to think it was.....

Wormtown Kris | 2020年1月2日

I am hopeful that this will be the compelling EV it appears to be. But I am also a bit pessimistic that they will hit their marks. It would be a shame if this turns out to be another <240 mile range eTron/iPace/Taycan. If it hits 300 miles range it could be pretty competitive specwise vs the Model Y. (Minus Supercharging and in car tech, of course).

TeslaTap.com | 2020年1月2日

Ford's got to start somewhere. This looks to be a useful EV at reasonable price points. Not sure it will be much competition for Tesla as it serves a bit of a different market. As the marketing scales up, many potential buyers will cross-shop and will increase Tesla sales.

Tyguy | 2020年1月2日

Ford didn't say all 50,000 reservations were full, but rather just the first edition trim. The other trims can still be ordered, so we know not all 50K are filled at this point. Ford hasn't identified how many first editions they were going to allow.

Personally, I like the design, and the interior space and layout will appeal to a lot of people. I hope they succeed and prove Elon right.

I'd still pick a Y in that same category because of Tesla's charging network, proven history, and overall execution. Little things like the Ford's start/stop button, brake pedal regen, and dependency on buttons throughout the interior are a turnoff. Those are annoyances while the charging network is a deal killer.

spuzzz123 | 2020年1月2日

Idiot

LOL! So funny that FISHY waited this long to chime in about how awesome the Mach-E is. Kind of wondering if @creativeguy was just creating a FISHY bait thread. :)

yudansha™ | 2020年1月2日

I don't think Mach-E will be as good as Tesla, but it is good enough for my husband. All he wants is CUV but does not want to get Y because it looks too much like 3.

LOL! So funny that FISHY waited this long to chime in about how awesome the Mach-E is. Kind of wondering if @creativeguy was just creating a FISHY bait thread. :)

Scrannel | 2020年1月2日

Putting a "Mustang" in the EV mold has got to be a bit confusing for the dedicated ICE crowd. Which is good. And, the more EVs the better. So, I'm wondering who is placing the orders: ICE fans or customers that would have gone to Tesla anyway. I also wonder if Ford is building in "scheduled service" requirements. That aren't necessary. Personally, I want nothing to do with an EV put out by an ICE company. I simply, automatically, don't trust them. They've all built themselves a house of cards that I'm not sure they can get out from under even if they wanted.

vmulla | 2020年1月2日

I had all the Tesla vehicles S 3 X. No wiper required.
The Y is a similar design ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you really want the look of a wiper you can duct-tape one to the glass

FISHEV | 2020年1月2日

"Putting a "Mustang" in the EV mold has got to be a bit confusing for the dedicated ICE crowd."

The motor heads at the tint/detail shop were howling because Ford called the Mach-E a Mustang. To them a Mustang is a two door sports car, not a four dour CUV.

For Ford it was a smart move, the 20th century icon to the 21st century icon. VW is doing something similar with bug nostalgia being the lead in for EV's.

I'm only doing it to get the sequential rear turn signals.

Sarah R | 2020年1月2日

I'm only doing it to get the sequential rear turn signals.
- Fish

Yes, do it! Because Tesla's non-sequential turn signals are just damn dangerous!

coselectric | 2020年1月2日

@Fish, can we trust that you'll be trading your Model 3 for the Mach-E, and then your free time will be consumed by commenting on Ford's Mach-E owner's forum leaving no time to grace us with your presence here?

WW_spb | 2020年1月2日

Tanya, told us she wasn't married but now all the sudden she is.
Ignoring SeaTroll with his BS as business as usual

Tronguy | 2020年1月2日

FISH is here, so:
Public Service Announcement:

FISHEV is a known troll of several years standing and several user
names who pushes an anti Tesla narrative. Please
take his opinions with a grain of salt, avoid any advice he may
suggest, and do not let him implant any Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt
about Tesla or your car into your own opinion.

SalisburySam | 2020年1月2日

Ford wisely is equipping their EV with a heated steering wheel. Wish my Model 3 had that.

yudansha™ | 2020年1月2日

@+WW_EV_4life+ Not sure where you got your intel; I don't think I would ever say that, but it is irrelevant. I did put 500 deposit for the First Edition. All that matters it is an EV. Let's see next year if it is a waste of money.

Big_Ed | 2020年1月2日

The only thing I enjoy more than FishEV's posts are the reactions. It's all great entertainment. Keep it coming, Fish!

WW_spb | 2020年1月2日

U said u engaged. Big difference

yudansha™ | 2020年1月2日

@+WW_EV_4life+ Was it a joke? Or maybe differently "engaged" (i.e participated, involved)?

WW_spb | 2020年1月2日

MomE will be glorious

WW_spb | 2020年1月2日

Tanya, I don't know u tell me

howard | 2020年1月2日

Good for Ford! Good for EV adoption. Good for everyone.

Bighorn | 2020年1月2日

Lots of data except the only number that matters. How many “First Edition” cars did they sell out reservations on? 100? 1000? Why all the secrecy? Kind of FISHy.
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2019/12/30/musta...

RayNLA | 2020年1月2日

All EV’s are welcome!
Respect mine and I’ll respect yours.

coselectric | 2020年1月3日

I'd consider buying a Mach-E if somehow I could get one without having to go into the local Ford dealer to actually buy it. And if there was a way I could have it serviced without having to go to the local Ford dealer. Oh yeah, and if it played Tempest using the steering wheel.

ODWms | 2020年1月3日

... and if there was even a hint of a viable charging network.

SalisburySam | 2020年1月3日

^Yeah, that!

apodbdrs | 2020年1月3日

FISHEV, is a very lonely person, just seeking attention!

gparrot | 2020年1月3日

Considering the high numbers of CCS chargers that now exit and up ‘n coming, the Mustang will have no problems charging on the road. None whatsoever.

vmulla | 2020年1月3日

The car might be able to use a decent charging network when it's delivered, maybe something comparable to Tesla's network from 6-7 yrs ago. Like @TeslaTap said, they have to start somewhere. Unless they're competitive with the pricing this car doesn't stand a chance against the Teslas.

gparrot | 2020年1月3日

The Ford will attract a different crowd, one not attached to Teslas or any particular brand. Not to worry about.

PhillyGal | 2020年1月3日

I hope every single Ford dealership in the country has 100 reservations!

Tyguy | 2020年1月3日

Wow, that Fish guy really is out there, isn’t he? I feel a bit bad for him being so disconnected from reality. It must be a genuinely confusing world to live in.

Anyway, despite fish’ proclamation that the Mach E is the second coming, I highly doubt it’ll be the perfect machine that he proclaims. I’m not even sure how he can conclude such when he hasn’t even sat in one. All you can do is use Ford’s current tech to estimate future implementation, and based on that, their safety systems are far from perfect. I just spent a week in a rental Ford trying to figure out what ghosts triggered the emergency stopping. It happened daily with no reason.

Tyguy | 2020年1月3日

Wow, that Fish guy really is out there, isn’t he? I feel a bit bad for him being so disconnected from reality. It must be a genuinely confusing world to live in.

Anyway, despite fish’ proclamation that the Mach E is the second coming, I highly doubt it’ll be the perfect machine that he proclaims. I’m not even sure how he can conclude such when he hasn’t even sat in one. All you can do is use Ford’s current tech to estimate future implementation, and based on that, their safety systems are far from perfect. I just spent a week in a rental Ford trying to figure out what ghosts triggered the emergency stopping. It happened daily with no reason.

vmulla | 2020年1月3日

PhillyGal | January 3, 2020
I hope every single Ford dealership in the country has 100 reservations!
----
+1

coselectric | 2020年1月3日

Tyguy: "All you can do is use Ford’s current tech to estimate future implementation, and based on that, their safety systems are far from perfect. I just spent a week in a rental Ford trying to figure out what ghosts triggered the emergency stopping. It happened daily with no reason."

I am, coincidentally, driving a top-of-the-line 2019 Ford Explorer Limited this week, and the tech in it just makes me cringe. Every time I get in the car the display makes me hit the legal disclaimer about god knows whatever the Ford lawyers were worried about when the car was built (I can't say I've actually taken the time to read it). Then it displays a message covering the whole screen saying something about "SYNC" is downloading information, not sure what information. A couple times I made it past the SYNC notice and tried the navigation display, and the display took a solid 10 seconds to render a low-res map that looked like something from an early 2000's Palm Pilot. Oh yeah, Tesla, you better up your infotainment game.

Meanwhile, it actually does have what I believe is the "rear cross traffic warning" that FISHEV waxes poetically about. It beeps annoyingly when there is a vehicle approaching in a parking lot from either side. Of course, the field of view in the rear camera is only about 120 degrees, so it beeps before you actually see the vehicle. At first I thought, what the hell is that beeping, then a couple seconds later I saw the approaching car in the camera view. I guess that's why you need "rear cross traffic warning" in a Ford, because the rear camera field of view is so limited.

Have fun with your Mach-E, Fish, enjoy that rear cross traffic warning.

jebinc | 2020年1月3日

More EVs from multiple brands will only bring good things as EV infrastructure will improve, the air will be cleaner and best of all, standardization may occur on the charger to car interface! ;-) Like Apple, Tesla uses a proprietary connector... I hate that...

lilbean | 2020年1月3日

Mustache

yudansha™ | 2020年1月3日

@Tyguy It is quite an achievement to be the most hated persona on a public forum.

WW_spb | 2020年1月3日

If u can call that achievement, Tanya

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 2020年1月3日

@ yudansha™ | January 2, 2020
“Was it a joke? Or maybe differently "engaged" (i.e participated, involved)?”

My recollection is that you and magic 8 ball were having a lover’s quarrel about changing your username, and you said you weren’t going to do it yet because you were getting engaged.

It was something along those lines. I think it was in one of the 6 or 7 “fishev changed its username” threads from a month or so ago so it was probably lost to the ether, as well as whatever the intent was (I’m suspecting sarcasm).

Pages