Forums

YouTube TV available!!

YouTube TV available!!

I'm not sure how many of you know this but if you open the YouTube app and click on the more apps icon towards the top it lists YouTube TV. You can select it and if you subscribe to it you can watch live TV in your car!! Streams perfectly via LTE too!!

Bighorn | 2020年1月18日

Hulu has live tv option as well.

Varricks | 2020年1月18日

While parked, I suppose. Nice, but I don't know if I spend enough time charging to make it worth it. I don't know about home use. However, we may be on the verge of big internet access change.

JAD | 2020年1月18日

Nice. I did not know that. Thanks.

moy2181 | 2020年1月18日

No prob guys! It comes in clutch when there's live sports on and you have to charge.

stingray.don | 2020年1月19日

Pluto TV is free and does not require an account. It can be accessed via the browser. Only disadvantage is that it displays in the browser window and is not full screen, but it still works as a free option.

https://pluto.tv/live-tv/

Jordan2Delta | 2020年1月19日

Tried signing into my google account to access my live tv but it doesn’t like the browser M3 is using. Anyone familiar with this issue?

robertgperry12 | 2020年1月19日

MOY2181..... Nice!!! Thank you for sharing.

EVRider | 2020年1月19日

@stringray: Have you actually tried that? I thought the browser didn’t support video.

EVRider | 2020年1月19日

@Jordan: Same login issue for me. Someone else posted that you can work around that somehow by using a plex.tv account, but I haven’t tried that. The way I use YouTube in the car doesn’t really require me to log in, so I haven’t been motivated to make it work.

stingray.don | 2020年1月19日

EVRider | January 19, 2020
@stringray: Have you actually tried that? I thought the browser didn’t support video.

Yes and it worked fine, but that was several weeks ago.

rxlawdude | 2020年1月19日

Browser works with video: try cnn or foxnews to demonstrate.

whazupman | 2020年1月19日

There is a back door method to make any streaming service play full screen when parked.

- Go to your youtube account on a computer and then "Your Channel"
- Go to "Customize Channel" and then the "About" tab
- Edit the Links section and add all your desired streaming service, ie, Hulu, Plex, Pluto, Disney +, etc.
- Save your channel and then go back to your car
- Open the Youtube app and go to your account and chose My Channel
- Go to About and click any of the links you created. They will open full screen and allow you to stream.
- Enjoy

Spartan24 | 2020年1月19日

Won’t let me log in either

Jordan2Delta | 2020年1月20日

@wuzupman. Still doesn’t work, required to sign into Google account for You Tube. Unable to log into Google for either You Tube or You Tube TV.

Jordan2Delta | 2020年1月20日

@wuzupman. Still doesn’t work, required to sign into Google account for You Tube. Unable to log into Google for either You Tube or You Tube TV.

KY | 2020年1月21日

I only have try to play YouTube, but very slow!!!

Bighorn | 2020年1月21日

There’s a new app called teslatheater (I think)that gets full screen treatment for everything.

Lonestar10_1999 | 2020年1月21日

The work around is you need to use the Tesla browser and go to plex.tv where you can log onto your Google account. Once you are logged into Google, you can quit the browser but you will remain logged into Google.

Next, go to the Tesla Theatre and select the YouTube app. From the YouTube app you can tap on the “waffle” then select YouTube TV.

This technique worked for me when I couldn’t log into my Google account directly from YouTube TV. The best thing is that the login credentials are remembered so you won’t have to log in again. For me it’s been over two months since I logged into Google and YouTube TV works flawlessly.