Forums

Driving to Yellowknife NWT

Driving to Yellowknife NWT

I would like to drive my Tesla to Yellowknife NWT in Canada late next summer. I read an article a while back about someone who did this, but I can't find it. If anyone has a link, or some other relevant information, please post it.

Thanks,

Linda Stutte

geo.teepe | 2020年2月1日

I have driven to Tuktoyaktuk.
If you have any questions ask away.

lstutte | 2020年2月2日

Did you drive there from Yellowknife or from Anchorage? How did you charge? I was planning to charge at RV parks but am not sure of their frequency.

Thanks,

Linda Stutte

geo.teepe | 2020年2月2日

I started in Orange County California. My last Supercharger was Red Deer Alberta.
RV parks do not work for you as you get further north.All they have is 110, you can have that everywhere.
In the USA and southern Canada the parks have 220 or 230 50 amps, that works just fine.
My mainstay where welding facilities, they are everywhere, Muffler shops auto repair places,construction sites,oil rigs, you name it.I even charged at a laundromat.
I was never denied.
But you will find that the first contact person (office personal) will often simply not understand what you want and turn you away. Maintenance people or workers always helped.
I see no real obstacle to a trip to Yellowknife

lstutte | 2020年2月2日

Thanks! That is a very valuable pointer. My email is lstutte@gmail.com if you have any other comments.

Linda