Forums

WiFi Download Issue

WiFi Download Issue

My M3 tells me that there is a download available and to connect the car to WiFi. My car is connected to my home WiFi, but the download will not engage. I have reset the car multiple times. My Tesla car app also tells me the download update is available and to connect via WiFi. This has been a issue for about a week. Any suggestions?

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年3月15日

Reboot the wifi.

Pputerbaugh08 | 2020年3月15日

I did that as well.

Sarah R | 2020年3月15日

Check your firewall settings. Whitelist
*.tesla.com

sixstring09 | 2020年3月15日

Are you able to surf the web and watch youtube while connected to wifi while in your car?

Sarah R | 2020年3月15日

Checking my DNS log, the following should be whitelisted:
*.tesla.com
*.teslamotors.com
*.tesla.services

Fredvanngo | 2020年3月15日

Your WIfi is weak in your garage , and need to beef up with WIFI extender or Mesh.

DiminishedSeventh | 2020年3月15日

Sometimes an update will get “stuck”. You can try the chat or roadside assistance number and ask them to remotely push/restart the update and you should be good to go.

Glenn72 | 2020年3月15日

Do you see an orange down arrow on the upper left hand side of the screen? If so you will need to schedule an appointment at a service center, This happened to me, although I thought they would fix it remotely. They had to reset the download from their end before it started working for me. They gave me an excuse that I had a required firmware update when I was downloading the navigation update. I think if your WiFi signal is weak and it fails downloading multiple times it just gets stuck and when you see the orange down arrow then it refuses to download any further.

lbowroom | 2020年3月15日

The orange arrow is just the indicator that an update is available. Nothing to do with it being stuck. Well other than it will remain there while it is stuck.

Pputerbaugh08 | 2020年3月15日

I do have the orange down arrow indicating that I have a download available. I will have to give them a call. Everything else in my car connects at a fast speed to my WiFi. Thank You for the help!

Patrick | 2020年3月15日

FWIW - Here are all the servers communicating with our Model 3 over the past 30 days...

https://ibb.co/gmkzTvY

Sarah R | 2020年3月15日

@Patrick some of those have nothing to do with Tesla.