Forums

Get used to pandemics

Get used to pandemics

www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/11/the-zombie-diseases-of-clima...

“Lately, as summers have lengthened and winters have warmed, this seasonal transformation has lost its symmetry. What biologists call the permafrost’s “active layer”—the part of the dirt where microbes and other forms of life can live—now reaches farther underground, and further north, than it has for tens of thousands of years.

The newly active permafrost is packed with old stuff: dead plants, dead animals, mosses buried and reburied by dust and snow. This matter, long protected from decomposition by the cold, is finally rotting, and releasing gases into the atmosphere that could quicken the rate of global warming.

This matter is also full of pathogens: bacteria and viruses long immobilized by the frost. Many of these pathogens may be able to survive a gentle thaw—and if they do, researchers warn, they could reinfect humanity.

Climate change, in other words, could awaken Earth’s forgotten pathogens. It is one of the most bizarre symptoms of global warming. And it has already begun to happen.”

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年4月4日

Maxxer is an EVIL LIAR that said he would take two weeks off and could not stay away two day.

andy.connor.e | 2020年4月4日

dont trust the fake drunk doc

FISHEV | 2020年4月4日

More here about Climate change and effects on health including infectious diseases and changes in patterns.

Humans have known that climatic conditions affect epidemic diseases from long before the role of infectious agents was discovered, late in the nineteenth century. Roman aristocrats retreated to hill resorts each summer to avoid malaria. South Asians learnt early that, in high summer, strongly curried foods were less likely to cause diarrhoea.

Infectious agents vary greatly in size, type and mode of transmission. There are viruses, bacteria, protozoa and multicellular parasites. Those microbes that cause “anthroponoses” have adapted, via evolution, to the human species as their primary, usually exclusive, host. In contrast, non-human species are the natural reservoir for those infectious agents that cause “zoonoses” (Fig 6.1). There are directly transmitted anthroponoses (such as TB, HIV/AIDS, and measles) and zoonoses (e.g., rabies). There are also indirectly-transmitted, vector-borne, anthroponoses (e.g., malaria, dengue fever, yellow fever) and zoonoses (e.g. bubonic plague and Lyme disease)."

https://www.who.int/globalchange/summary/en/index5.html

It takes a true genius to copy past the first 2 paragraphs from a link and post it in a comment to make it seem like you know what you're talking about.

copy paste

jimglas | 2020年4月4日

It IS accurate information

So is what Mitch posts.

SCCRENDO | 2020年4月4日

@Fishev. You are correct. Excellent points. Thanks.
Although I do have a question for you. How did you develop such a large following of intellectually impaired turd trolls that stalk you while offering nothing constructive to these threads.

because hes been posting misinformation, suggesting vandalism, anti-Tesla and pro every other company, inconsistent representation of himself, in Model 3 forum section for 4 years. I cant believe how some people just eat up what he posts because they happen to post links to things they agree with.

FISHEV | 2020年4月4日

SCCRENDO | April 4, 2020 @Fishev. You are correct. Excellent points. Thanks.
Although I do have a question for you. How did you develop such a large following of intellectually impaired turd trolls that stalk you while offering nothing constructive to these threads."

By posting facts and figures.

Although I'm beginning to wonder if I happened past a nest of hatching Trumplings and some kind of parental imprinting happened.

Behavioral Imprinting

With behavioral imprinting—a form of which is termed parental imprinting—a newly hatched or newborn animal is able to recognize its own parents from among other individuals of the same species. This process helps to ensure that the young will not become separated from their parents, even among large flocks or herds of similar animals.

Imprinting occurs during a sensitive period shortly after hatching, corresponding to a time when the chicks are near the nest and unlikely to encounter adults other than their parents. Many behavioral scientists assert that once an animal has imprinted on an object, it is never forgotten and the animal cannot imprint on any other object. Thus even when the chicks begin to encounter other animals they remain with their parents."

https://science.jrank.org/pages/3533/Imprinting-Behavioral-imprinting.html

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年4月4日

FISHEV = SCCRENDO = TRUMP = EVIL = Maxxer = dan

SCCRENDO | 2020年4月4日

When did they let this lunatic Magic 8 ball out of the Model 3 forum. IS this turd even an owner?

Again, the guy posts a link and copy pastes the first 2 paragraphs into his comment. Anyone can do that without understanding a damn thing they are pasting.

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年4月4日

SCCRENDO is an EVIL DISGUSTING FILTHY TROLL

No hes not, hes just a very opinionated and stubborn person, with a side of ignorance. Reminds me of people in my family who are in their mid 60s. He has no issues eating up anything that people post that he agrees with. But if you post anything that he disagrees with, you're some derogatory political label that somehow he feels invalidates your position to the extent that you are not even worthy of responding to.

What an excellent type of person.

Everything in General section would be infinitely more tolerable if 3 specific users did not literally FILL the entire thing with their personality and opinion. Its flooded the entire section where literally everything is just hate and negativity. If everyone kept it to a couple threads like they did back in 2016 when everyone was in full i hate trump mode similarly to right now, it would be fine. A couple threads is what it has always been limited to. But now 3 specific users are just flooding the entire damn thing with their personalities and its actually to the literal extent of being actually ridiculous now. This is a forum. I'd wonder how everyone else would feel about keeping it to a couple threads. Its always been that way, and they're now kind of necro but had over 1000 comments on each of them. Look at what the deal is with the whole climate change debacle. Its limited to a couple threads.

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年4月4日

@andy.c Do you see yourself as one of the 3 or different somehow?

I am not the one posting the threads

FISHEV | 2020年4月4日

@ndy.connor.e | April 4, 2020 Everything in General section would be infinitely more tolerable if 3 specific users did not literally FILL the entire thing with their personality and opinion.

@andy.connor.e
@Magic 8 Ball
@M-A-B-MCMLXXX

Their content free posts constitute 80% of Tesla Forum posts. They blame this on their "need" to tell the "truth" in regard to other Tesla owner posts. The Devil made me do it is the vernacular.

FISHEV | 2020年4月4日

And now back to the scene of climate change and future pandemics.

I dont know how you can take what you post seriously when the majority of the threads in this section were created by you.

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年4月4日

FISHEV is an EVIL HATER who posts LIES and considers them "content".

FISHEV used to post here as EaglesPDX, that is a fact and remains undisputed.

Orthopod | 2020年4月4日

« SCCRENDO | April 4, 2020
@Fishev. You are correct. Excellent points. Thanks.
Although I do have a question for you. How did you develop such a large following of intellectually impaired turd trolls that stalk you while offering nothing constructive to these threads »

Intellectually impaired turd trolls

Omg SCC you made my day, I don’t remember a post that made laugh so much on these shitforums

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年4月4日

Maxxer is a death doctor who enjoys killing patients.

Orthopod | 2020年4月4日

Doctors never kill patients M8B, they just offer the best treatment to individualized patient condition, in your case comfort treatment with increasing opioid protocol to cure your chronic dementia with end stage delirium tremen. No need for thiamine or Ativan, and of course transfer to ICU is out of questions we need to keep icu beds for covid patients that are worth it

FISHEV | 2020年4月4日

Magic 8 Ball | April 4, 2020 "FISHEV used to post here as EaglesPDX, that is a fact and remains undisputed."

Except it turned out EaglesPDX was you....too funny. We know it couldn't have been me.

https://imgur.com/3BepvON

And now back to Science Saturday.

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年4月4日

FISHEV is an EVIL LYING INCOMPETENT TROLL

FISHEV got booted from this forum when he was posting as EaglesPDX, that fact remains undisputed.

FISHEV brings up the same image over and over again to try and bolster his lie but his accusation is not supported with evidence. I never posted anywhere using the user name of EaglesPDX.

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 2020年4月4日

" FISHEV | April 4, 2020

"@ndy.connor.e | April 4, 2020 Everything in General section would be infinitely more tolerable if 3 specific users did not literally FILL the entire thing with their personality and opinion.

@andy.connor.e
@Magic 8 Ball
@M-A-B-MCMLXXX"

I'd wager I've posted fewer than 25 times in general. What's your count?

WW_spb | 2020年4月4日

Time to clean up general thread. Flag away the troll posts

Orthopod | 2020年4月4日

Magic no Balls = WW_spd = intellectually impaired turd trolls

WW_spb | 2020年4月4日

Get use to fake troll.

Orthopod | 2020年4月4日

Get used to turd trolls

FISHEV | 2020年4月4日
M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 2020年4月4日

FISHEV | April 4, 2020
“This is nice visualization of pandemics.”

Funny. You have many times posted that calling a flu chinese is “racist,” yet you share as “nice” a graphic including “Japanese Smallpox Epidemic,” “Spanish Flu,” “Russian Flu,” “Asian Flu,” “Hong Kong Flu,” “Ebola,” and “MERS.”

Evidently it’s only racist when it suits your trolling agenda.

FISHEV | 2020年4月5日

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | April 4, 2020 You have many times posted that calling a flu chinese is “racist,”

Correct.

Fox/Trump/GOP efforts to blame China for Trump's failure to act when US had clear and present danger are purely racist.

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 2020年4月5日

^ that’s a fun game. I’ll play:

@MAB: “ Evidently it’s only racist when it suits your trolling agenda.”
@Fish: “Correct.”

Tesla2018 | 2020年4月5日

Why do I feel this forum is turning into the old TV show To Tell The Truth?

Will the real EaglesPDX please stand up.

Is he magic8ball, FishEV, or someone else?

Omg. I just turned the TV on to see what was on and they have virtual Nascar racing. It's watching real race drivers play a video game.

I guess it's better than watching Kiler Clowns from Outer Space that was on last weekend.

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年4月5日

The only claim that I posted as EaglesPDX comes from FISHEV and he has tries to post an accusation made by him as evidence. There is, however, evidence that FISHEV has used the user name of EaglesPDX on this forum and was kicked off of the forum when he was EaglesPDX. That is a fact that remains undisputed and that he has not denied.

FISHEV is an EVIL DISGUSTING LYING TROLL

SCCRENDO | 2020年4月5日

Respectfully can we stay on topic and send the Mutant MAGA hatters to isolate on this thread
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/new-pandemic-mutant-maga-hatters

Orthopod | 2020年4月5日

As soon as any of these trolls enter the room they lure the discussion to their existence again and again

andy.connor.e | 2020年4月5日

and when the maga hatters are not around all you do is talk about them. isnt it ironic?

WW_spb | 2020年4月5日

Flagged

Orthopod | 2020年4月5日

Respectfully can we stay on topic and send the Mutant MAGA hatters to isolate on this thread
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/new-pandemic-mutant-maga-hatters

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 2020年4月13日

@me April 4, 2020
"Funny. You have many times posted that calling a flu chinese is “racist,” yet you share as “nice” a graphic including “Japanese Smallpox Epidemic,” “Spanish Flu,” “Russian Flu,” “Asian Flu,” “Hong Kong Flu,” “Ebola,” and “MERS.” "

Better stated by Bill Maher last week:

------------------------------

"Scientists, who are generally pretty liberal, have been naming diseases after the places they came from for a very long time," Maher said Friday night while broadcasting his weekly show from his home in California.
"Zika is from the Zika Forest, Ebola from the Ebola River, hantavirus the Hantan River," he added. "There’s the West Nile virus and Guinea worm and Rocky Mountain spotted fever and, of course, the Spanish flu."
"MERS stands for Middle East respiratory syndrome," the host continued. "It’s plastered all over airports, and no one blogs about it. So why should China get a pass?"

Maher proceeded to respond to a tweet by Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.), who criticized Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) for calling the coronavirus "the Wuhan Virus" on March 8.

HBO's Bill Maher on Friday defended calling the novel coronavirus the "Chinese virus," arguing that "pretty liberal" scientists "have been naming diseases after the places they came from for a very long time."
The remarks from the "Real Time" host come after President Trump had repeatedly referred to COVID-19 as the "Chinese virus" but stopped doing so late last month.
"Scientists, who are generally pretty liberal, have been naming diseases after the places they came from for a very long time," Maher said Friday night while broadcasting his weekly show from his home in California.
"Zika is from the Zika Forest, Ebola from the Ebola River, hantavirus the Hantan River," he added. "There’s the West Nile virus and Guinea worm and Rocky Mountain spotted fever and, of course, the Spanish flu."
"MERS stands for Middle East respiratory syndrome," the host continued. "It’s plastered all over airports, and no one blogs about it. So why should China get a pass?"
Maher proceeded to respond to a tweet by Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.), who criticized Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) for calling the coronavirus "the Wuhan Virus" on March 8.
"No, that would be way stupider because it didn’t come from Milan," said Maher. "And if it did, I guarantee we’d be calling it the Milan virus. Jesus f---ing Christ. Can’t we even have a pandemic without getting offended? When they named Lyme disease after a town in Connecticut, the locals didn’t get all ticked off?"
"This is about facts. It’s about life and death. We’re barely four months into this pandemic, and the wet markets in China — the ones where exotic animals are sold and consumed — are already starting to reopen," he later added.
"Sorry, Americans. We're going to have to ask you to keep two ideas in your head at the same time: This has nothing to do with Asian Americans, and it has everything to do with China," Maher concluded. "We can't afford the luxury anymore of nonjudginess towards a country with habits that kill millions of people everywhere because this isn't the first time. SARS came from China and the bird flu and the Hong Kong flu, the Asian flu. Viruses come from China just like shortstops come from the Dominican Republic. If they were selling nuclear suitcases at these wet markets, would we be so nonjudgmental?"

FISHEV | 2020年4月13日

Not that I read whatever was in that word salad but might want to move that to the thread of FoxNews/Trump racist attacks on Chinese and Asian Americans as s scapegoat of Fox/Trump incompetence.

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/chinese-americans-facing-abuse-uni...

jimglas | 2020年4月23日

TF are you posting about videogames on a pandemic thread moron

derotam | 2020年4月24日

It's a bot jimglas, take a breath.

Orthopod | 2020年4月24日

Yeah flag the bots, don’t let your blood pressure rise