Forums

automatic delivery using autopilot

automatic delivery using autopilot

might be possible. Tesla twitter just showed new tech robot that will auto charge your telsa plugs in itself-no human needed.
Now that's cool. I hope when it's at 90% charge or so it undoes itself too. What a cool way to get your telsa.
Tesla tracker, track your ev on its way to your location.

dd.micsol | 2016年4月8日

This would mean no delivery/destination charge.

dd.micsol | 2016年4月8日

It was a link to youtube video
title
Charger prototype finding its way to Model S

cheekedave | 2016年4月8日

I want to go in person to pick it up. I want people to swoon over my car when I go to take it home :P

Jesse123 | 2016年4月8日

Just imagine coming home from work to see it waiting for you in your driveway.

mos6507 | 2016年4月8日

Awesome idea. That would be sweet! I can definitely see Tesla doing that eventually day just for the cool-factor.

israndy | 2016年4月8日

How would you get the key? Use a hide-a-key in the wheel well? Too bad there isn't fully automated driving with Tesla's yet or this might actually be a thing. I guess they have a year and a half to get that working on the upgraded Model S's they are going to be shipping soon with the same sensors as the Model ☰. It would be horrible if they attempt to roll out the self driving AND delivery via self driving at the same time. Unless it worked flawlessly...

They could even hire kids to plug the Teslas in during the roll out before the automated chargers are perfected. Kids just sitting at the Super Charger stations waiting for empty Teslas to show up, on their way somewhere. Fun.

-Randy

Jesse123 | 2016年4月8日

Week or so before delivery they could mail you the "starters pack" which would include keys etc. Once you respond back to the dealer and let them know you received they would sent out the car. Probably not feasible but it would defiantly be cool.

israndy | 2016年4月8日

I think the dealers like to get them there with no imperfections, so likely this would never come to pass. My car was sent to the dealer from across the country and then detailed before delivery. Despite coming from Japan initially, it had only 11 miles on it when I first got to drive it. As cool as calling for your car and having it come like Trigger (that's a reference to a horse) I don't think people will want their future car out galavanting without them.

croman | 2016年4月8日

Would be cool and save $1200 in destination fees (maybe) but it is illegal. No driver in car, not legal. I think there are less than a handful of states that would be OK with this. I doubt this will change by 2018 and I don't see Tesla owners lobbying their state legislatures to change this.