Forums

Help with ownership change

Help with ownership change

I am picking up a used P85 tomorrow. How to I change the cars account (email,login)for remote access etc from the current owner to myself?

TeslaTap.com | 2016年5月9日

Contact Tesla, likely service can do this for you. In North America: (844) 248-3752

JAD | 2016年5月9日

OK. thanks I will just call them after I pick up the car.

TeslaTap.com | 2016年5月9日

I expect the current owner may need to contact Tesla first, so you might just call service today and find out what exactly is required to speed it along!

Also - congratulation on your P85 - I'm sure you're going to enjoy it!

JAD | 2016年5月9日

FYI, called Tesla and I have to bring the registration showing my name and an ID to a service center. Guess it will take a few days as the DMV work will need to be done to get the registration :(

EdwardG.NO2CO2 | 2016年5月9日

@Jad, in the mean time turn off remote access so the previous owner does not have access. Turn it on again when you have your own access set up!

negarholger | 2016年5月9日

Can't you just reset the car to factory condition erasing all personal info? I thought this was in one of the updates.

AoneOne | 2016年5月9日

Reset requires the current password, so the seller should do it before (or at) delivery.

JAD | 2016年5月9日

I think they are going to give me the login until I can re-register it. Any reason not to? Would be nice to get charging failure notices etc for 500 mile drive home.

whitex | 2016年5月10日

The old owner doesn't need to contact Tesla, but the new owner needs to contact Tesla with proof they own it (registration, bill of sale, etc).

tom.joby | 2018年4月18日

Called Tesla customer support 844 248-3752, for past two days waiited on hold for 30+ mins then gave up. Is there an online way of signing up for Tesla myaccount for ownership change ?

p.c.mcavoy | 2018年4月23日

@tom.joby - You can contact Tesla via email. At the bottom of every page in the forum there is a Contact link. It will pull up a form where you can send them an email. I’ve found them to be pretty responsive. Normally have a reply from them within a day. You will need to pick a category for your email. There is one about an existing order which I use. Give them the last 6 digits of the VIN.

If you’ve not found it already, there is another thread in the forum where someone recently posted example of the email they received with all the information which was requested to make the change. They will request you email them things like drivers license, copy of the title or registration, etc.

Silver2K | 2018年4月23日

Tom
Issue with app caused delays. Call today you'll get someone quickly

daimlermotors | 2019年2月8日

hello we have a 2018 tesla model S that needs service .
We are a automotive dealership . what information you need for us to get an account to get his car worked on.
thank you
sean
214 649 - 1719

reed_lewis | 2019年2月8日

@daimlermotors - Tesla service only works on the cars right now. Plus this forum is not monitored typically by Tesla. You need to contact a local service center.

Here is a list of service centers:

https://www.tesla.com/findus/list/services/United%20States

daimlermotors | 2019年2月8日

tesla

reed_lewis | 2019年2月8日

Again, Tesla does not monitor these forums. You need to contact a local service center.

matthew.hitchcock | 2019年4月19日

I’m two weeks into waiting for the ownership transfer. 15 days ago I bought an amazing used model 3. That morning I emailed all the requested documents (Title, registration, my DL, address, Tesla account email, and phone number) as requested on the ownership transfer website. I had crickets for about 5 days. I called and the customer service lady basically said there was nothing she could do. That evening I got a reply to my original email with all the info just copy and pasting the ownership transfer website. I responded with all the info again, and nothing for 5 more days. I called this past Monday and this customer service lady said she can’t see any ownership transfer requests associated with the VIN. WTF?? She asked me to forward the original email thread to her, and she just forwarded it back to customer service. The next day I got another reply just copy and pasting the website again. I’m starting to get a little pissed off! Has anyone had theses issues before?