Forums

Sound system

Sound system

Can someone provide some insight as to the sound system in the Model 3?

Red Sage ca us | 2016年5月24日

It will probably have speakers and stuff.

TeslaTap.com | 2016年5月24日

@Red +1 :)

Expect the ability to play music from streaming services, USB flash drives and AM/FM radio. XM radio might be an option, but it's becoming rather dated and might be dropped from newer cars (not just Tesla).

dsvick | 2016年5月24日

I'd like to see Android Auto support, but I'm not holding my breath. The app mirroring would be a nice second though.

jordanrichard | 2016年5月24日

matt.delia, no one outside of Tesla knows any specs about the car's interior other than it will seat 5 people, and have a single 15" screen in the center of the dash.

Ricardo.Melgar | 2016年5月24日

i really hope they can add a integrated sub-woofer and some nice 6x9 speaker in the back and 6 1/2 front speaker with separate tweeters, boss should be a good brand

jordanrichard | 2016年5月24日

More speakers especially a sub-woofer, will only had weight.

Ricardo.Melgar | 2016年5月24日

joranrichard honestly a few good speakers and a pre amply sub-woofer wond add that much weight but all intro high end cars have great system even the bmw 328 so tesla should have some great speakers too, we are not talking about 500 pounds speakers.

Rocky_H | 2016年5月24日

@Ricardo.Melgar, Quote: "... boss should be a good brand..."

Is that one of those knockoff brands, like NIKF gym bags, Frigidoor refrigerators, etc.?

TEFLA METERS
COEK
BOES
YNOS
YUGO-SOBB
FARAWAY FANCY...

dsvick | 2016年5月24日

I once had a street vendor try to sell me a pair of "Oakey" sunglasses, when one of the guys with me asked him where the "L" was he said there is no "L", these are the real things.

Obi Wan | 2016年5月24日

My six-speaker Accord system, has better bass than my 2015 SL Bose 7-speaker system. Since I don't drive an EV aggressively, I like a relaxed drive, using autopilot with a nice clear stereo system, using Satellite and USB.

JeffreyR | 2016年5月24日

Reus Audio Systems were at Tesla Connect last year. Great guys and the sound quality was amazing. "If you have the means, I highly recommend it."

ColoDriver | 2016年5月24日

Red Sage

I was hoping for either Panaphonics or maybe Magnetbox.

ColoDriver: I wish this site would allow me to upload photos consistently. I once did an image of the Microsoft Xbox 360 with the word 'SONY' on it, but written in the SEGA font. :-D

finman100 | 2016年5月25日

Don't forget Sorny. (more Simpsons reference)
https://www DOT google DOT com/search?q=simpsons+sorny+magnetbox+video+clip+youtube&biw=999&bih=672&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXjImy3PXMAhVI3GMKHc10Cv0Q_AUIBygC&dpr=1.25#imgrc=sKJpLwGlZEy9ZM%3A

TeslaTap.com | 2016年5月25日

Good one...

hobowankenobi | 2016年5月25日

Would be interesting to see a full digital sound system....which I did not know existed until last week. Purported to use less juice, which would be great to limit range impact:

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products-personal/fds/index.html

I like the idea of getting full control via a phone app...with a simple dash interface.

It's new, so I'm sure it's pricey. Still, it will be the future for EV sound systems.

Badbot | 2016年5月25日

http://teslatap.com/undocumented/
half way down speakers standard and premium

Big1matt | 2016年5月25日

I heard upgraded sound system available option with subwoofer in the Model S last week, it sounded veryy good, solid bass.

Big1matt | 2016年5月25日

After hearing it, im hoping that it is an option for Model 3, i will likely buy that upgrade, I would rather just buy a decent sound system stock, than upgrading it through a 3rd party. Don't really want anyone messing around with the electronics on that car.

TeslaTap.com | 2016年5月26日

@Badbot - Thanks for the plug, but the undocumented section is really for the Model S and X. I'll wait until the 3 is out to add it's undocumented details!

Here is an indepth comparison of sound options for the Model S and X: http://teslatap.com/articles/audio-systems-for-the-tesla-model-s-and-mod...

Rocky_H | 2016年5月26日

@Red Sage, Regarding knockoff XBox360 stuff, I bought one or two replacements rechargeable battery packs for my 360 controllers. They seemed a little too cheap to be true, but I thought I would give it a shot. They worked-ish. They didn't last long, and I had noticed that they weighed a lot less than the real one I had. Anyway, the brand on the label on the back was Mioroscft. They had swapped the c and o in the name, and in the tiny font, it was hard to see.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年5月26日

Rocky_H: Wow. That sucks. I have had good results from NYKO aftermarket products for videogame systems over the years. Their chargers and battery packs for Xbox 360 have all worked fine. Though it is getting harder to find them, now that Xbox ONE has been out for a while.

Badbot | 2016年5月27日

@teslatap

Thanks for the link. it beats my internet blundering around.

Rocky_H | 2016年5月31日

@Red Sage, Eh, now I'm just switching to rechargeable AA batteries for the game controllers now that I am getting into an ecosystem of them: 2 for my beard trimmer, 4 for the wireless Bluetooth speaker, 2 for each controller, all swappable if needed.

Badbot | 2016年5月31日

rocky

I have been using lipo AA and AAA with dummy cells. it works best on even numbers.
lipo+dummy 3.7 vs. 3.0 motorized things get better torque and speed.