Forums

things to do with your gift

things to do with your gift

Well, I'll be laminating that sketch and burying it in the desert. I'll be posting a treasure hunter map with clues to find it.
So, if you want one-stay tuned.
As for the thank you card-Mine is autographed so I will frame that.

carlos | 2016年6月23日

Take your Zoloft !!

mntlvr23 | 2016年6月23日

My sketch was autographed AND hand delivered by Elon (and we had a short chat over some Earl Grey tea) - so I immediately bought back the 10,000 shares that I had sold off when I found out that supercharging for life would not be standard on the Model 3.
btw - Elon and his sons are coming back next week to install solar panels on my roof.

Unbeliever | 2016年6月27日

"I can make a hat or a brooch or a pterodactyl"

hodan.jamaa | 2016年6月27日

what gift are you guys talking about?

hodan.jamaa | 2016年6月27日

what gift are you guys talking about?

PhillyGal | 2016年6月27日

@mntlvr23 - Amazing.

@hodan.jamaa - Folks who waited in line to reserve in-store on before the Model 3 unveiling are being mailed a lovely colored copy of an early sketch of Model 3. It's in a nice paper folder, with a small printed thank you card on the opposite side.

joe.grande | 2016年6月27日

After standing in line for five hours, in the rain. (what do you expect here in Seattle), when do we gee this "gift"?

dimitri.anast | 2016年6月27日

It's not just people that stood in line. I reserved mine online around 3pm PST of reveal day and got the gift in the mail this weekend.

skygraff | 2016年6月27日

Guess that answers the question asked several days ago. This appears to be something different than the gift for the line standers alluded to by EM. Let the suppositions resume.

Frankmoble | 2016年6月27日

I seen two on eBay at 50$ I bought them both . I need more .

pranfire | 2016年6月27日

are there pics because i dont think mine was autographed...

gordon.rvp | 2016年6月27日

Mine isn't autographed and I stood in line. Very nice gesture though. I'm thinking that the signed ones might be for current owners.

mntlvr23 | 2016年6月27日

Mine was not really autographed - I actually did not get mine until today. It was quite bent but luckily not creased - but I finally got it !!! Very pleased.

skygraff | 2016年6月27日

Regarding my earlier post, I misread what dimitri.anast wrote and didn't realize the reservation was made before reveal.

Has anybody who reserved after the reveal received it?

Not to say that won't happen later since some of us who reserved early on the 31st still haven't been so blessed as of yet.

KP in NPT | 2016年6月28日

You are one weird dude, dd.micsol.

PhillyGal | 2016年6月28日

@pranfire and gordon - No one's was autographed. It was a lovely printed thank you card.

Hi_Tech | 2016年6月28日

"Thank you for ordering a Model 3."
Interesting that the card says "ordering", instead of reserving or something.

gordon.rvp | 2016年6月28日

hahaha. now that I'm awake and reading, I'm sensing the full sarcasm in mntlvr's post up there. :o) The mail main also fought pretty hard jamming mine into my mailbox...

joemar10 | 2016年6月28日

I sat/stood/mingled/etc. in line for 8 1/2 hours at Vienna Va. I was number 10 in line and was out the door and in my car pulling out of the lot 11 minutes after the doors opened. Man, they were efficient. I got my gift, and as nice as it is, I wish it were a bumper sticker with "Reservation Holder" across the top and "My next car is a Tesla 3" in big letters. I don't do bumper stickers, but one of these on my Gen. 3 Prius would be a great conversation starter and a lot of free publicity for tesla. Are you listening Elon? as a sidebar, guy behind me has an "S" and he reserved 2 "3's"

dave.m.mcdonough | 2016年6月29日

Hm. Just did mine online but was on the first day within an hour of it going up. Nothing in the mail..

joemar10 | 2016年6月29日

I thought I'd had an original idea with the bumper sticker alluded to above, but I just saw almost the same thing on a license plate holder on Ebay. Tesla should still do a bumper sticker.

mntlvr23 | 2016年6月29日

@Joe Mar 10 - were you at Tysons or Tyco? I was 2nd in line at Tyco, but the first one out the door. Great time - other than the enormous traffic shooting through the narrows between our line and the delivery trailer on the other side of the drive lane (all between 2am and 5 am). I think that there must have been a drug distribution storefront in the back of the industrial park.

dsvick | 2016年6月30日

Has anyone else not received theirs in the mail yet? I'm sort of worried about my reservation at this point. I waited in line on the 31st and placed my order at about 10:30AM EST, and my MyTesla page says 3/31 as my date. However, when we able to look up the ID in the HTML mine was a couple hundred thousand above where everyone else's was with a similar reservation date and time, and now I've not received anything in the mail.

I know I shouldn't panic, but if, for some reason, I'm really a couple hundred thousand lower on the list, that's probably a year delay in getting my car.

dave.m.mcdonough | 2016年6月30日

I agree that it would be nice to know where in the queue I ended up.

Hi_Tech | 2016年6月30日

@dsvick - How did you "look up your ID in the HTML to show you were couple of hundred thousand above..."?
Tesla has not prioritized or put any form of ordering on the reservations yet.

As for the mailed gift, I just received mine earlier this week (north east US). Be patient. Yours will come.

dd.micsol | 2016年6月30日

clue number 1: 6/30/16
I'm located in the town that makes the best ice cream in the USA.

I'll be posted new clues every 2 days right here on this post.

dd.micsol | 2016年6月30日

Hint:
It's not a parlor but ice cream you can get in the stores.

dsvick | 2016年6月30日

@Hi_Tech
Check out this thread: https://forums.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/just-reservation-id
I know it isn't official but there did seem to be some relevance to the number and when people reserved.

I'll give it a few more days and then reach out to someone about it.

carlk | 2016年6月30日

Could anyone post a picture of it? I saw a few posters offered on eBay but none seems to be the Tesla gift.

carlk | 2016年6月30日

@Frankmoble

I just bought the two left there moments ago. People are fools. This is going to be a collector's item in 20~30 years, if not sooner, when Model 3 becomes the legendary car that changed history.

carlgo2 | 2016年6月30日

Love the usual design drawings featuring 39 inch wheels and 6 inch window slits. I wonder if any designers draw up something practical to start with rather than wasting time with action adventure cartoon wonder cars.

It is just a coincidence that I never get invites anywhere...