Forums

Rear Seat Tables

Rear Seat Tables

What is everyone opinion on having a foldable table on the rear seat just like the ones they have on airplanes? It's a low cost, low tech add on (wouldn't cost Tesla a lot) that may probably make a lot of difference to some.

leskchan | 2016年8月22日

This is not a new idea and it will never happen for safety reason.

Image a child, old enough not to be in a car, table down, eating lunch or playing a game. Frontal car crash, child is decapitated.

Ross1 | 2016年8月23日

Rolls Royce feature back in the day

dsvick | 2016年8月23日

Horrible idea - it would only encourage people to eat in my car ....

As an aside - you do know that they're done with the design of the car don't you? So regardless of low cost or low tech, unless it is already a part ofthe design it won't be getting added. You might be able to get some of things you're proposing in your posts as after-market add ons, but probably not all of them.

tandjharris | 2016年8月23日

My wife's Nissan note (UK car) has tables on the back of the front seats, my children find them really useful.
They are quite common here, a friend's Renault people carrier also has them.

jamilworm | 2016年8月23日

In terms of back seat convenience, I'd prefer rear seat A/C vents. Other than that I'm not sure how useful tables would be to me.

brando | 2016年8月25日

https://youtuDOTbe/6T65BvQABPw

Volvo XC90 Limo INTERIOR Lounge Puts Range Rover On Notice

Efontana | 2016年8月26日

They can be made safe.

Mailrail707 | 2016年8月26日

I'm with jamilworm. Rear A/C vents. And possibly heated seats back there. And cupholders so my guests don't spill stuff in my car (IF I allow them to bring anything in)

CC396 | 2016年8月29日

@leskchan, point taken, understand the safety concern.
@tandjharris, really? Interesting...

CC396 | 2016年8月29日

@leskchan, point taken, understand the safety concern.
@tandjharris, really? Interesting...