Forums

"For Superchargers that have automatic charge connection enabled, you will not even need to plug in your vehicle."

"For Superchargers that have automatic charge connection enabled, you will not even need to plug in your vehicle."

Didn't see anyone mention this line from Tesla release today. No other details. Maybe "automatic charge connection" is the robotic snake we saw demonstrated some time ago?

Perhaps when fully operational, cars will autonomously disconnect and drive elsewhere to park so Supercharger stalls aren't occupied with cars that are either sufficiently or fully charged.

Savuti | 2016年10月20日

I was just about to highlight the same quote.

Is anybody aware of where these superchargers are?

pslawing | 2016年10月20日

Here's the YouTube video of the snake!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uMM0lRfX6YI

tes-s | 2016年10月20日

They must have a plan to retrofit all the superchargers on the LA-NY route over the next year, since they are planning a fully autonomous drive.

PBEndo | 2016年10月20日

They need to pick a route through states that allow fully autonomous vehicles too. Good thing Michigan can't block them.

jordanrichard | 2016年10月20日

I think for the purposes of demonstrating a cross country trip, just like the video they just posted, there will be someone in the driver's seat.

I am not the only one to say this, but people are rushing too quick to think/start planning their trip to the airport and sending the car home. Set aside all the wiz-bang tech, it still comes down to what is legally allowed on the road. Then there is the whole insurance issue and I am sure Tesla is aware of this and will definitely use the data they collect, to ease the insurance industries natural concerns.

Dithermaster | 2016年10月23日

They could use slower inductive charging for this, at least for the demo. Cars are more patient than humans.

HbrwHmr | 2016年10月23日

@jordanrichard

It's only a matter of time before you're going to have to pay more insurance to retain the privilege of driving your own car.

TeslaTap.com | 2016年10月23日

@PBE - Actually I'd expect Michigan to block Tesla autonomous driving until some local car company can figure it out, at which time the limits will be magically lifted. Be prepared for an extra 5 years of bureaucratic delays :(