Forums

Propeller Head Alert: Jack Rickard Dissects the Telsa Battery. And Some Conclusions and Specuation of Interest to Us All

Propeller Head Alert: Jack Rickard Dissects the Telsa Battery. And Some Conclusions and Specuation of Interest to Us All

If Time Magazine ever upgrades their annual 'Man of the Year' contest to a 'Smartest Man of the Year' I would nominate Jack Rickard (along with Elon Musk and James Rickards).

1) In the episode of EVTV published yesterday, Jack comes to some conclusions about when the Model 3 will go into production (pretty positive assessment coming from a realist), as well as what Tesla will be building M3-wise after the factory emerges from its 10-day cocooning period.

2) There is a also a dated but still topical video insert of a TED talk by a Lithium battery pioneer now working with Tesla on further improving battery chemistry. After listening to Jack's extrapolation of the video I am highly "energized" that a quantum leap forward in lithium battery *capacity* is possible (by changing out to different supporting materials). My own back-of-the-napkin conjecture from Jack's analysis is that a 100+KWh battery in the form factor of the Model 3 is not just the stuff of dreams.

The practical info is mixed in with some mild techie gooey for about 32 minutes, but after that you have to have your beanie caps on and fully strapped.

youtube com/watch?v=qVVH69Twfbc&feature=em-subs_digest

Red Sage ca us | 2017年2月19日

Jack Rickard's channel is kind of fun. I haven't watched anything there for a while though. I may make some time in the next couple of days for the endeavor.

georgehawley.fl.us | 2017年2月19日

If you are thinking of Dr. Jeff Dahn's TED talk, it was delivered almost a year ago.

cephellow | 2017年2月19日

Meh

Coastal Cruiser. | 2017年2月20日

Yes george. I did note it was a dated video. I only dropped into the EV world about 10 months ago.

andy.connor.e | 2017年2月21日

If that video was a year ago, maybe Tesla has already started developing it. O_O

brando | 2017年3月7日

Tesla battery tear down - one of the EVwest
https://youtu. be/NpSrHZnCi-A

DIY electric Kombi Van and other EV adventures - not bad for Mexican immigrant, right Donald?
https://www.youtube .com/user/jehugarcia