Forums

Delivery wating list

Delivery wating list

I have just ordered a Tesla model 3. I am disappointed that I have not been given an order confirmation number. I would also like to suggest that Tesla create an order back log list for each model. This would allow a customer to find his/her order on the list and as time passes and deliveries are made then one could watch as your order climbed the list. This would increase the anticipation and enjoyment as your date of delivery approaches. This should not be a difficult task for a high profile technology company.

How could I get this message to Tesla customer service department please?

Thanks John Whiteley

mntlvr23 | 2017年3月4日

John:

I think that you meant to say that you "reserved" a Tesla Model 3, and not that you ordered it.
Go to your "My Tesla" page and you will find a Reservation Number - they would have also sent you an email to confirm your reservation.

As nearly everyone is aware, the Model 3 is not being produced yet, and the production rate will be clearer in the coming months. At some point they might start giving reservers a more clear estimated delivery date, but do not expect that soon.

I too (as well as most others) think that it would be cool to see what number you are in the overall queue - however, it appears that Tesla does not care to do that at this time. I understand why they may not want to share this information at this time.

If you want to get a note to Tesla, send them an email through the Contact Page, or see if the folks on their Live Chat can more appropriately direct you in the right direction.

Cheers - I think this will be one of the most important cars ever - and I cannot wait.

Red Sage ca us | 2017年3月4日

[GOLF OSCAR DELTA].

SoFlaModel3 | 2017年3月4日

John,

If you order a Model S or X you immediately get an estimated delivery. You have not ordered a Tesla Model 3, you have instead placed a refundable deposit on a reservation for a car that does not yet exist.

There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 400,000-600,000 people in front of you with staggered releases from employees to current owners to time zones and finally to other countries.

Telling you your place in the backlog hardly tells you anything at all.

Plan on receiving your car in 2019 and be pleasantly surprised if it will be 2018.

davidvbennett | 2017年3月4日

I reserved my Model 3 on the 1st of April approximately 11am, I then sat back and watched the media channels to hear the orders hit 100k, 200k and so on, should I expect my car in late 2017 ??

Badbot | 2017年3月4日

outside chance of 17 for you.
IMHO by mid 18 is likely.

Wow, reserved on the 1st day well in the 1st 50,000, production start date July 1st 2017 at 5k week starting level, thats puts me a lot earlier than mid 2018, they will be at 10,000 cars a week by then, I should be in the first 10 weeks according to my math!

SoFlaModel3 | 2017年3月4日

Your math may be sound, but there are other factors....

Employees, current owners, and geography.

But yes in theory if they're able to produce anywhere from 40-50k cars before year end, I would be very happy.

I'm a 3/31 pre-reveal reservation but in Florida.

I want to hope I get the car Q1 of 2018 and get my icing on the cake ($7,500 tax credit).

Would be nice to get the 1st 50k-100k reservations turned in to actual delivery dates, I'd almost forgotten my reservation until today when I thought i'd login to my Tesla account, spending to much time on the Ferrari owner forums to be honest! :D

mntlvr23 | 2017年3月4日

@davidvbennett-
03/31/16 was the first day, with 115,000 before the evening reveal. April 1st is a little deeper than you are thinking

Carl Thompson | 2017年3月4日

davidvbennett:
"Wow, reserved on the 1st day well in the 1st 50,000, production start date July 1st 2017 at 5k week starting level, thats puts me a lot earlier than mid 2018, they will be at 10,000 cars a week by then, I should be in the first 10 weeks according to my math!"

Those production ramp numbers are wildly optimistic especially considering Tesla's very poor execution track record so far. I hope it happens that way (so I get my car sooner!) but I suspect we won't see 5k / week this year or 10k / week until (at least) 2H next year.

Carl

Red Sage ca us | 2017年3月4日

Carl Thompson: Being wildly optimistic is just as likely to happen on an internet forum as projecting a position that is firmly pessimistic. Either way, it's still speculation, and should be encouraged, discussed, and debated in full. It is a good way to fill the time and demonstrate one's enthusiasm during... The WAIT.

KP in NPT | 2017年3月4日

We don't have our number in line because the queue is not linear. There are many factors - employees current owners, geography in US, country of residence. You are in the back of the line - so don't expect anything before 2019 or even 2020 at this point. If it comes sooner, then great.

noleaf4me | 2017年3月4日

I reserved as soon as it opened on-line on the 31st. I'm in GA and I would LOVE to get my M3 in 2017 so I can take advantage of the tax credit in 2017........but if I have to wait until early 2018 I'd be OK with that (but not as happy....)

Carl Thompson | 2017年3月4日

@Red Sage

You're right. Estimating production numbers at this time is definitely premature. And it's very good sign thatthe company says everything's on schedule to this point.

I waited in line at the Fremont factory 2 hours before it opened on Mar 31 but even so there were already at least 100 people ahead of me. I am not a current owner nor an employee but I'm hoping my place in line, the fact I live close to the factory and my willingness to spend money for options I don't need will allow me to get one this year.

I was the first at my office to have a Volt and now a bunch of people have them. I was first with an i3 and now a bunch of people have those too. I want to be first with the 3 too but I may not win because there are a bunch of Tesla owners at my office and at least one of them reserved a 3 (but not as early as I).

Carl

davidvbennett | 2017年3月5日

Gosh if suppling to the UK is back of the queue and therefore 2019 before we see them then all UK Tesla customers should look over the fence at the very futuristic looking BMW i5, which is set to challenge the Model 3's market, also a shame if the Model 3 looks dated and old hat before we physically get hold of one, that could be a real factor, cars just don't stay new, design, produce, sell, as many and as quickly as you can, thats how it should work!! :-(.

andy.connor.e | 2017年3月5日

Placing a reservation hold is not the same as ordering the product.

JeffreyR | 2017年3月5日

Here's a post I made on Teslarati w/ links to sources regarding production projections from Tesla. So not wildly optimistic, just what Tesla thinks given the information they have now:

https://forums.teslarati.com/threads/tesla-tsla-gets-a-sell-rating-by-go...

greg | 2017年3月5日

@davidvbennett

"Gosh if suppl[y]ing to the UK is back of the queue and therefore 2019 before we see them then all UK Tesla customers should look over the fence at the very futuristic looking BMW i5, which is set to challenge the Model 3's market, also a shame if the Model 3 looks dated and old hat before we physically get hold of one"

Well first up, Tesla did say RHD countries come last in the delivery queue.
And its assumed because (a) LHD order volumes are higher than RHD versions and (b) most RHD countries are further away shipping-wise from Fremont/GF1 than LHD countries so simple math says supply the biggest demand, closest to you, soonest and lastly (c) Its implicitly assumed by many folks that its "a self evident truth" that the RHD version will be "more difficult" to make than the LHD given it needs a different dashboard layout from LHD and the pedals/steering wheels go on the other side of the car. And as shown/evidenced by the delayed release of RHD versions of MS and MX after the LHD versions.

But I think that when push comes to shove, UK folks [[and I hope, AP folks like me] may well get their RHD versions sooner than expected, in fact I think, not too long after the folks in Europe get theirs.

Many reasons why, but in part the 3 is designed for manufacture, which means stuff like LHD and RHD are designed into the DNA of the car, and are important parts of the design for building process, not after thoughts.

And also because currently Tesla can make LHD and RHD models on the same line, and no doubt with M3s superior design for manufacturability, the extra "stuff" allegedly needed to make RHD variants will be a lot less than previous cars like MS or MX required. The next reveal, will probably show how much of the simplification the RHD manufacturing will be. And that will be a revelation to many I believe.

As for not seeing one to 2019 and it looking old fashioned by then?

Well Tesla said you would not buy a better [or safer] car for the money. While it is true you might find a "more futuristic" looking car in a i5 or whatever than the M3 in 2019, I doubt that it will come with the same level of features as the M3.

Don't forget that even if you get delayed delivery to 2019, the whole car will be the latest version, and not the same 2017 M3 versions some US West Coast folks will get this year.
It will be a lot fresher than that i5 you seem to crave, which was designed a year or so back, and will be even staler by the time it leaves the factory for the first time. And even worse, it will come with a set of features that were ordained by the designers 2+ years ago. Who wants a "new" car with a design that is 5 years old by the time it ships?

Anyway I find all the gimmicky looking EVs out there, that look "futuristic" now will look very dated in a few years. And really old hat in 5.

People don't need EVs that say "I'm different" with two toned (usually blue) accented fiddly bits, weird lighting set ups or odd looking designs and ICE Range extenders. Thats just the traditional ICE car maker attempts to "be different" from their existing product range, but not too much. Don't want to frighten the horses.

Tesla doesn't need to look different in that way, its already a fairly classic design, and doesn't need to scream "look at me, look at me". I think all Teslas will still look good 10-15 years from now - do you think a Bolt, i3 or i5 will look other than totally dated 5 years from now?

janendan | 2017年3月5日

For late reservations, there will be an opportunity to compare battery technology. BMW will probably go with solid electrolyte with a higher energy density. Nice to know that Tesla will have to upgrade by 2019 or lose orders.

Carl Thompson | 2017年3月5日

@greg:
"...do you think a Bolt, i3 or i5 will look other than totally dated 5 years from now?"

They're hideous now and they'll still be ugly in 5 years. I won an i3 but I hate the way it looks.

Carl

mntlvr23 | 2017年3月5日

@JeffreyR - nice post in Teslarati ..
And it is nice to finally know what you look like ;)

genedr @ny-us | 2017年3月5日

If its anything like the queue for the S was, the reservation (and subsequent order numbers) are not sequential. The production will go in batches, based on order geography, color and other "unknown"a factors. When production goes live and we get order numbers, and the capacity to add options and pick colors, there will be estimated delivery dates.
I reserved my 3 the day reservations were opened, hoping for 4Q2017.

Shesmyne2 | 2017年3月5日

I also reserved 3/31 and was about 100 in line.
I am in CA, and a current owner.
I'm keeping my expectations low for 2017.

Still Grinning ;-)

reitmanr | 2017年3月5日

Shesmyne2-
I ordered within the first hour or so at the Palo Alto store. Might have been 20 or so people in front of me. Certainly hope to see our 3 before autumn arrives. Yikes! that's only 6 months away or so! OK- excited now! Even more urgent to get our Evercharge charge station in place at our condo parking space. We are close to a supercharging facility, but still need to take an hour or so to accomplish charging our S. Comments about getting charge stations in to condo developments are welcome.