Forums

Part 3 reveal

Part 3 reveal

Teslarati is reporting a possible June 2 reveal. Any thoughts or insights?

KP in NPT | 2017年3月6日

I'd say it's a good guess. It fits in with what EM said regarding the timeline on the earnings call, and the project Loveday deadline for claiming prizes is a clue. That said, the project loveday prize of attending a "future event" might not be the model 3 event. But it probably is.

dd.micsol | 2017年3月6日

Issue I have is -
it's a nice gesture from Elon, but really
he'll never use the advertising except possibly on their website.

rrobin36 | 2017年3月6日

I hope so. Still going to be a long wait, but it would be nice to know of a legitimate date for the final reveal.

andy.connor.e | 2017年3月6日

I'd say its just as likely as the other 500 dozen guesses as well.

PhillyGal | 2017年3月6日

@KP +1

It's a guess, but one with some merit.

stevenmaifert | 2017年3月6日

If production is going to start in July, the Design Studio will need to come online sometime prior, and June 2 would be a good guess. That in itself would be a reveal, but given Elon's knack for splash, I could see a live streamed event for invited reservation holders with a concurrent activation of the Design Studio. Think of the press coverage and how many more reservations might be generated by something like that.

andy.connor.e | 2017年3月6日

We will be getting an update on the Model 3 anytime between March 6th 2017, through November 2017

KP in NPT | 2017年3月6日

Upon thinking about it - it says the prize must be claimed by 6/2, I'm not sure that means the reveal will be ON that date - but likely soon after. Assuming the winner claimed on 6/2, there would need to be some time to give Tesla to arrange travel arrangements, and for the winner to arrange their schedule. So I could see the reveal being the week or 2 following the deadline.

topher | 2017年3月6日

"he'll never use the advertising except possibly on their website."

ALL videos must be on Youtube... and the winners will get even more exposure, the claim is that the top winner will get 'aired'.

Thank you kindly