Forums

New learner car!

New learner car!

I run a driving school in North London and am planning to get this adapted with hand controls and twin flip accelerator. I currently teach in an Abarth 500C and do £800 a month in fuel so I'm looking forward to actually making a profit for a change!

andy.connor.e | 2017年3月31日

Sorry but you cant make a profit by buying a brand new car. Nor does reduced fuel cost result in a profit.

Ehninger1212 | 2017年3月31日

Maybe you can just let the tesla teach them how to drive, stay home and chill. Lolz

topher | 2017年3月31日

"Sorry but you cant make a profit by buying a brand new car."

Did you miss the part about running a car driving business? He most certainly CAN make a profit buying a brand new car.

Thank you kindly.

Frank99 | 2017年3月31日

For the amount of driving you're doing, an EV is a great choice.

greg | 2017年3月31日

@Mg84

Great idea to use an EV for driver training.

You might want to ensure that your students don't get too addicted to the instant torque of an EV such as when starting from stationary or when you or they are doing emergency manoeuvres to avoid accidents or get out of trouble.

After all, most cars they'll drive after your tuition will still be ICE powered, with their much slower acceleration response. So they might not be able to "zoom away" from something as easily/quickly.

Kind of reminds me of the automatic transmission v manual transmission situation a few years ago. I remember reading stories of drivers who had only learned to drive automatics at their driving school being totally at sea skills wise once eventually being faced with driving a manual transmission car.

Carl Thompson | 2017年3月31日

greg:
"You might want to ensure that your students don't get too addicted to the instant torque of an EV such as when starting from stationary or when you or they are doing emergency manoeuvres to avoid accidents or get out of trouble."

Good point. Also that much torque and acceleration might not be a good thing for an inexperienced driver.

Carl

Mg84 | 2017年4月1日

My Abarth is on a level 0-60mph with the base tesla so they can cope. But I do a tank every day and a half so the money saved using this will cover the cost of the car in 4 and a half years.