Forums

Firm Answers To Questions Regarding Range, Interior, AWD / HEPA Availability, And Yes, Even If A Liftback Model Will Be Produced

Firm Answers To Questions Regarding Range, Interior, AWD / HEPA Availability, And Yes, Even If A Liftback Model Will Be Produced

… will not be found in this post.

I mean, you might as well be asking who killed Laura Palmer.
Oh. Wait.

------------------------
Anyway, forget all about that stuff for now. Presented for your approval is this weekend's pointless time killer: The Redux of a 60’s root counter-culture / questioning of status quo song; Buffalo Springfield – “For What It's Worth”.

If you are lucky enough to be young 20-somethings, like PG and BH, and perhaps not familiar with the tune, you need to go here first (you won’t regret it): youtube com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY.

(The singer is a pre-Crosby, Stills & Nash Steven Stills, and the freaky lookin’ dude with the gnarly mutton chops is an impossibly youthful looking Neil Young.)

Hit it…

♫ There's something happening here
What it is, is perfectly clear
There's a man with a car over there
Telling them they’ve got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, there’s no sound
Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
One man is right, so many others wrong
Hip people voting their minds
Gettin' so much torque-ness from behind

I think it's time we stop, hey, there’s no sound

What a field-day for this wave
Givin' us all what we desperately crave
Some people try and stem the tide
But most folks say, hoo-ray for our side

It's time we stop, hey, there’s no sound

Paranoia strikes deep
In to their lives it will creep
It starts when they re-sist the flow
step into line, it’s a waaave… dont-cha know?

We better stop, hey, there’s no sound
Stop, hey, turn around
Stop, now, we’re so proud
Stop, children, shout out loud
Everybody look what's going down ♫

--------------------------------------------------

Funny how just a few tweaks to the lyrics give the song an updated meaning.

akgolf | 2017年6月10日

Nicely done!

SamO | 2017年6月10日

Great weekend thread . . . FLAGGED!

;-)

mntlvr23 | 2017年6月10日

Niiiiiiice - you can't conceive of the pleasure in my smile

eeb9 | 2017年6月10日

Yes!!! Thank you

Coastal Cruiser. | 2017年6月10日

Ha ha. You had me there for a moment Sam.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2017年6月10日

I've always liked that song. I should really learn to play it some day on guitar. Whenever I hear it I'm reminded of the movie 'Forrest Gump' (1994).

RSavage_92024 | 2017年6月10日

Not ashamed to admit that I've owned that album in every format ever conceived by man.

Well done!

mntlvr23 | 2017年6月10日

Q: What is the color, when black is burned?
What is the color?

A: Matte Black

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2017年6月10日

Why in the world would someone want to paint a RED door BLACK?

mntlvr23 | 2017年6月10日

@CC - It is a small small small small world, for what it's worth - I am at a Joe Jackson concert tonight at Wolf Trap and Mavis Staples (of the Staple Singers) opened up and did a cover of For What It's Worth. She is 77 and still can belt out her songs.

Coastal Cruiser. | 2017年6月10日

Mintmeister, I want you to know that for what it's worth, that is awesome! Love that.

BTW - There is a youtube video near the one linked above where Steven Stills talks about the genesis of the song. The full story is rather moving actually. But regarding the song title, the name came from Stills offering the song as an afterthought when the other cuts had already been submitted. It was like a throw away tune... his words to the producer were (paraphrased due to laziness) "For what its worth you can have this one too if you like it".

I recall a few years ago Sheryl Crow talking about her hit song " All I Wanna Do" as being the 'throw away' song on her debut album. She literally used those words. The cut of course won piles of awards and hit the top of the charts.

dsvick | 2017年6月10日

Well played sir, well played.

mntlvr23 | 2017年6月10日

@ReD - Why? - because the Stones told them to

SCCRENDO | 2017年6月10日

What's the point of this post???

Idiot!!!!

Flagged

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2017年6月11日

mntlvr23: Hmmm... Just for that, I'm gonna have to get a RED guitar and learn three chords...

mntlvr23 | 2017年6月11日

@CC - no one has posted last night's set list for Mavis yet, but it was similar to this one from last week.

setlist.fm/setlist/mavis-staples/2017/cary-memorial-hall-lexington-ma-7be76e44.html

FWIW is song #3, though she had a few other interesting covers. Slippery People was excellent.

gar1116 | 2017年6月11日

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You Coastal Cruiser! For making me laugh, and bringing me back to my childhood 60's days!